PDA

View Full Version : bad news for me

Rusthunter
01-09-2010, 08:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and my hunting partner are constantly in a friendly competition through out the year for the best find or most silver or what ever.He uses a DFX and I hold my own pretty well with my XLT. Well he called today and said he is upgrading from his dfx. He has an etrac on the way. Guess I will have to tie a nail on a string to the bottom of his coil.

coinnut
01-09-2010, 08:51 PM
I don't know about that lol After I switched to an E Trac it took me 6 months to get back in competition with the DFX I was against :bop: I think you have at least a 3 month headstart ;) One benifit White's has over Minelab is speed of swing. But giving him a little masking on the bottom of the coil ain't a bad idea either :yes:

Jason in Enid
01-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Better rethink your plan. The E-Trac will see right through that nail. Better tie a silver dime under there. It will definately hit on that!

coinnut
01-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Just loosen his cable connector, I've done that before lol

SeabeeRon
01-09-2010, 09:36 PM
BB's come to mind........ :poke: :bop: :tongue:

angellionel
01-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Wow! You guys are brutal! lol lol

coinnut
01-10-2010, 07:08 AM

Next time you hunt with any of us, you will have something to think about ;) :confused:

leslie(nova scotia)
01-10-2010, 08:45 AM
From the land of the Bluenose......well me son it could be worse...he could have found an old Garrett Freedom 3 Plus. Not the machine we bouy but the operator! Good luck in the spring.

Rusthunter
01-10-2010, 09:45 AM
BB's come to mind........ :poke: :bop: :tongue:

bb's inside the coil cover. Thats a great idea.!.

Jack Flynn
01-10-2010, 10:12 AM

Brutal is right! However it does remind me of the mind twist you can throw someone into when messing with their equipment. An example if I may, off topic from MDing. In the 80's and 90's I was an absolute nut shooting archery tournaments. Field rounds, NFAA and USFTA rounds. I shot 365 days a year, even Christmas day, somewhere. My running buddies/group one day decided to take the Pro in our group at a shoot and made a mild adjustment to his sighting number group, slightly up causing him to shoot a little low at all distances roflIt was brutal I mean it was. After the first few targets this mans mind was going south fast.......Good fun but he still remembers it to this day. It would be like everything you dig had an empty hole...........Dime taped to the bottom of a coil....mmmm. I'll have to try that one!

del
01-10-2010, 10:25 AM
sounds like two guys i know :confused: :confused: like coinnut stated the whites are very quick machines and there pinpointing is exellent , so until he gets real comfortable you have the advantage in ground coverage and always will ( sweep more area than him because the mine labs are a slower going machine) and the pinpointing is problematic with the e-trac ( he will be fumbling around and taking alot of time finding that target )unless he gets the an inline probe or some other kind then that will speed things up for him. i saw all these things i mentioned up above when Coinnut switched to his e-trac and it was a good three months before i saw an improvement but the pinpointing was always an issue until his probe .

angellionel
01-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Next time you hunt with any of us, you will have something to think about ;) :confused:

You guys would be long detecting while I'm still checking and double-checking my machine. lol

hoser
01-11-2010, 10:06 AM
BB's work great and so do 1/4 copper washers. :shocked04: lol Just make sure you hunt the area you will drop the bb's first. lol

Jason in Enid
01-11-2010, 03:19 PM
BB's work great and so do 1/4 copper washers. :shocked04: lol Just make sure you hunt the area you will drop the bb's first. lol

Oh those damned washers!!! They ring in exactly like a dime. Perfect silver dime reading. I have dug a handful at the last park I hunted. One 1/4 washer at 2 inches reads like a 6-7 inch dime.

OK, back to the MD torture ideas....

RickO
01-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Wow.. those are some torturous plots.... no wonder I hunt alone... lol RickO