PDA

View Full Version : Saturdays Hunt

trout-hunter
05-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Got my much needed yard chores done in the morning and decided to go to and put the Etrac & V3 to use finally at my friends property
and after about 4 hours and digging lots of junk not worth showing
I did end up with a few interesting finds, an almost silver 65 quarter
the button on the right side of the dragonfly broach which is the size of a quarter appears to be pewter but no marks and the remainder as shown.Both machines found things I just don'r remember which one did what lol but it was nice to finally get out.

Epi-hunter
05-22-2011, 09:08 AM
One year away from silver - I hate when that happens! Keep hitting that site, I'll bet the silver is there.

So how do you feel about the two machines? Any preferences?

trout-hunter
05-22-2011, 09:39 AM
The V3 graphics and screen resolution :clapping: puts the ETrac to shame but not enough experience with the V3 to make a valid statement.So many bells and whistles with the V so for simplicity and learning curve the ETrac :clapping: is much easier but neither machine is about to leave my stable and the fun I will have with both is the thing I look forward too.

cnr_dogs
05-22-2011, 11:23 AM
nice hunt cool dragonfly

del
05-22-2011, 11:31 AM
its great to see you getting out Ernie , some good loot thats for sure ( yeah the dragonfly brooch is cool) and i think :thinkingabout: thats the most honest opinion of the two machines i've heard so far :yes: . congrats :beerbuddy:

coinnut
05-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Congrats on the brooch Ernie, it is a real nice one. Soon enough you will be swinging both machines at once lol I wonder how you will add a third one to the bunch :thinkingabout: Yep, the graphics on the V3i are light years ahead of the E Trac (and so is the depth guage too). Glad you had a chance to get out and enjoy the day!!

z118
05-22-2011, 04:06 PM
That dragonfly is one of the coolest finds I've seen!

aloldstuff
05-22-2011, 07:14 PM
You got your work done, got some time for yourself and you got some cool finds, Dragonfly is great.