PDA

View Full Version : Week of Digs

z118
05-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Here's a week of digs...

I got out on a few week day evening hunts, but they were cut short by rain and an E-trac that just wouldn't work... falsing on every swing... 12-6, 11-5, over and over and over, in areas it always worked fine before. I'm blaming it on wet grass and/or impending thunderstorms because it seemed to work fine this weekend when the weather was a bit clearer. I'll tell you the recent wonkyness of the Etrac along with my paltry finds are starting to make me think about going back to the Sov. If I hadn't lent is to my father I probably would have busted it out already just to see.

Saturday I hunted one of my best spots, hoping for silver, but conditions were horrendous. Nobody is able to mow grass anywhere because it has rains every day, so the grass was long, and soaked. Still I fought it out for a bit, managing some clad and wheats and then finally a nice 59 silver Canadian quarter and later a 56 German 1 Deutsche Mark. I hit the dirt again in the evening at another spot hoping for more silver, but all I got was some more clad with a few more wheats mixed in.

This morning I hit the tot lots and did alright. I tried dirt hunting in the afternoon, but the field I was planning on hunting was literally a pond, with ducks on it and all. Then it started raining again. I gave up and headed home.

Total for the week was 327 coins worth $23.98 including 7 wheats, a '45 Canadian penny, and three older nickels. I also found two keys, three tokens, some trinkets, and the usual zippers, buttons, and junk.

With regard to the last pic... 5 objects. All different colors. They look like eraser heads, but with no trace of eraser or pencil. They were found in a tot lot, all stuffed in an empty jello cup with a big pink eraser. You tell me. Eraser heads, by the way, are my most hated target. I don't know what it is about them... I never guess them correctly and they are NEVER at the depth I expect.

Happy hunting!

Epi-hunter
05-22-2011, 03:30 PM
I too hate those eraser heads >:{ But it looks like you are finding all colors of the rainbow just for variety :hairpulling: They are always shallower than the depth indicator says because they are so small. I find them a lot in parks for some reason.

Love the old foreign coins!! :clapping: Congrats on the silver! |:confused:)

MassDirtFisher
05-22-2011, 03:35 PM
My hands are getting callused just looking at all those coins!!! Nice haul. Nearly $24 bucks. Congrats!! Happy Hunting!!

aloldstuff
05-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Huge clad haul. Congrats and yes those eraser heads are a bother

coinnut
05-24-2011, 10:02 PM
What a lot of clad :drool: :shocked04: :drool: I think the weather plays a big part in the EMI on the E Trac. We are listening for the signals with a big antenna lol so I guess we are gonna pick up all kinds of interference. You still did very well considering the rain. >:/ And those things sure do look like eraser heads :yes: I guess they only needed the small erasers :dontknow: Nice Canadian quarter too. :clapping: I think it was a good series of hunts.

zrickkid
05-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Nice haul of clad. That silver quarter is sweet. Looks like you had a lot of fun. :angelic:

mike l
05-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Looks like you were doing a lot of digging. That clad adds up, i just bought a DX-1 probe with clad cash. :yes: