PDA

View Full Version : BARBERRY HEAVEN and 1720 House

sniffy
05-22-2011, 08:04 PM
So Heavymetalnut and I decided to do get out and give it a go in some fields and cellar holes....the first part of the morning was a complete strikeout.....couldn't locate 3 different sites we spotted on the maps..( lost our bearings in a maze of trails) So we decided to find a cellar hole that was tucked away in a little lonely nook of the world.....and to our delight we found it right were it should be....but to our dismay the overgrowth and barberries were overwhelming. There wasnt hardly any room to swing the coil without getting snagged up.......BUT BUT BUT...My very very first dig-able signal was this nice 1841 O seated dime... I was very very happy with this....this coin was laying on top of a LARGE piece of iron...the prizm III has no problem separating. That was really the only target I found at this colonial briary mess. HEAVYMETALNUT ON THE OTHER HAND MADE A ASTONISHING DISCOVERY! Check his thread....what an awesome piece of history he has once again unveiled. So covered with ticks and grinning ear to ear we decided to high tail it back to the car and head to another site....STRIKE OUT...and then STRIKE OUT...so we headed to a 1720 house that has been producing some nice finds for me....I managed this shoebuckle, a button, a 1960 rosie, a silver piece of jewelery with stones, a girl scout medal, and a 1911 wheatie. All in all we both had an excellent day and had alot fun! Thanks for lookin!

del
05-22-2011, 08:15 PM
hey Jesse very sweet dime and i like the buckle alot , it really stinks that some of these cellars are very overgrown with briars or worse . just make anote of it and try to detect them very early in the spring or late fall as that will always open up some areas and if that don't work you can always rent a suit of armor like Coinnut does and just roll around the ground to mash down all the vegitation . :crazy: :crazy:

very nice day out congrats :cheering: :cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-22-2011, 09:25 PM
you had some sweet finds today jess! next time we bring the brush hog to that site! or we can drag G and have him roll around and mash for us!

Ill Digger
05-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Sweet Seated dime Sniffy! :envious: :drool: That would've made my whole day! :yes: thumbsup01
Way to stick with it!
Congrats on all your keepers! :grin:

coinnut
05-22-2011, 09:40 PM
and if that don't work you can always rent a suit of armor like Coinnut does and just roll around the ground to mash down all the vegitation . :crazy: :crazy:

next time we bring the brush hog to that site! or we can drag G and have him roll around and mash for us!

I'd roll around for what you found Dave lol Nice Seated Dime Jesse !! A nice clean coin with a New Orleans mint mark too :clapping:

aloldstuff
05-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Sweet seated, how bad were the ticks? Congrats on a great hunt

angellionel
05-23-2011, 09:29 AM
I do love those old seated dimes. Nice find and very good close up photo of it. thumbsup01

RobW
05-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Sweet finds :clapping:

sniffy
05-23-2011, 05:09 PM
hey Jesse very sweet dime and i like the buckle alot , it really stinks that some of these cellars are very overgrown with briars or worse . just make anote of it and try to detect them very early in the spring or late fall as that will always open up some areas and if that don't work you can always rent a suit of armor like Coinnut does and just roll around the ground to mash down all the vegitation . :crazy: :crazy:

very nice day out congrats :cheering: :cheering:
Hahahaha, suit of armor!!! That site must have several more choice targets, a return trip in the winter would be nice!

sniffy
05-23-2011, 05:10 PM
you had some sweet finds today jess! next time we bring the brush hog to that site! or we can drag G and have him roll around and mash for us!
Yeah for sure, that place was LOADED with barberry and ticks...That just doesn't sound nice, using G like a mashing tool.

sniffy
05-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Sweet Seated dime Sniffy! :envious: :drool: That would've made my whole day! :yes: thumbsup01
Way to stick with it!
Congrats on all your keepers! :grin:
Yeah the seated did make my day, but the thought of walking 3-4 ft past a GW ruined my day... lol

sniffy
05-23-2011, 05:15 PM
I'd roll around for what you found Dave lol Nice Seated Dime Jesse !! A nice clean coin with a New Orleans mint mark too :clapping:
I'm happy with a nice seated. And just to think, if Ole Dave didn't stumble over that big ole button, he would have been SKUNKED majorly.

sniffy
05-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Sweet seated, how bad were the ticks? Congrats on a great hunt
The DEER ticks were very bad, I found numerous on me throughout the course of the day. Nasty little things, I've been sick once and don't wanna get it again.

sniffy
05-23-2011, 05:18 PM
I do love those old seated dimes. Nice find and very good close up photo of it. thumbsup01
Yeah I just imagined it being equivalent to 10 large cents in one hole... :grin:

jkress
05-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Excellent group of finds sniffy. :clapping:
Love the Seated dime, it's very nice coin. :drool:
Congrats.