PDA

View Full Version : double cursors on my Etrac digital display

firefighter254
05-22-2011, 08:59 PM
this is my second etrac in 15 days the first one was bought new 8 days ago and has double cursors in the little thumb nail on the digital display i like to use the big numbers with the little pattern when i do i get double ++ at the same time when i get multiple targets the second etrac also has the double cursors ill get a target with a + sign and before that one resets ill get another + and ill end up with 2 cursors at the same time you can see video proof of my etrac problem here ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gf5c9grXU4.......

coinnut
05-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Welcome aboard FF254 :clapping: I have had the E Trac since about a month after it came out and had the same problem you have. But I attributed it to me detecting in the woods during very, very cold weather. Once it warmed up, it was fine. I don't remember which screen was showing at the time but I thought I had the numbers in the little screen. It never affected my machine other than not being able to use the cross hairs to help ID the target. I go by numbers and sound anyways and rarely look at the position of the cross hairs. It does sound like a glitch in the software. Since it's new, there is no rush in sending it in, so I would wait until detecting season is over and send it in, unless you need that function. I know you are dissapointed, but the E Trac is a great machine and I overlooked that issue. It must have been fixed when I sent it in for repairs much later on. Unless they are gonna give you a loner unit, I would wait it out. But I would talk to who you bought it from. Did you ever store it in the trunk or inside a vehicle exposed to the sun?? That high of a temperature change may do something to it also. Also, did you make sure they just didn't reship you the same unit by accident??

Jack Flynn
06-09-2011, 09:42 PM
I've seen that a bunch on mine and never paid it any attention. They could actually take that screen off of the digital screen. I never use it any way. Barely use the digital screen, just as a last check as I lay the machine down to dig. Once you learn it you actually don't even need a screen. Sound baby sound...........

RobW
06-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Apparently mine does it too. Never realized, never even thought about it till I read this post. I never use that screen anyways. I always listen to the sound (if my wife really knew how good I was at listening rofl) and then recheck the numbers, especially on the lower tones for nickels and Indians :yes:

Bell-Two
06-10-2011, 04:11 PM
I almost never use that screen either, but did notice it the other day the double cursor, went on hunting next target single. It does not effect the machine it seems I am not concerned about it. I don't know if it may have something with the ability in the large number screen to update numbers when you use the pinpoint button or not.