PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Hunt with Al and Tim and a BIG First for me.

RobW
05-23-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm sure you've read Al and Tim's posts already, I don't have a computer at home, that way I do not work when there. So I could not post until this morning. While my find is not as great as Angel's :angelic: coin spill :shocked04:. It was still an amazing find in my book. So here's the story from my prospective. >:tongue:

We were hitting an area up in God's country. Nothing really coming out of the ground till Al found the broach. Which was a great find ( I know he's beating himself up since he didn't find any silver :blackeye:)( But you're still ahead in silver count...I guess I have quality over quantity :tongue:) Anyways, back to the strory and enough :poke:. I was gridding an area and was making my last sweep before moving to a different area. Got a nice something 47/48 number. It wasn't a deep signal, I was thinking aluminum. I digging down and see a flash of silver, I reach in and wipe the dirt. I literally jump and and down and start screaming...and yes the neighbor across the street came running over to see what the comotion was all about. And there in my hands was an 1869 Seated Half Dollar <: :happydance01: happydance02 :peace:

I kept gridding the area, pulled some wheats. Near the base of a tree I got a something 47/48 again, deep, I was thinking oh yeah more silver about a foot down I get this large old D buckel, I look around to show and no one is around, they all disappeared on me. Then I got a 12-24 signal. I'm now digging thoseiffy as long as it repeats signals, especially after I saw Tim dig a very iffy signal and pull a Barber half out. This one paid off.....an 1876 Indian...with 2 nails in the same hole.

Al's batteries died, so we had to leave to replenish him. On the way back we stopped at an OPen house at an 1830's house. We got permission to hit it, so we got his batteries and flew back. tiny yard and think we each got 3 swings in, but it yielded a nice wheatie spill for Al, and I managed 2 early wheats in one hole (1910 and 1920). Definatly a good day :yes:

I'm also posting a pic of a coin spill I found on Sat morning. I cut the plug and pulled up and coins were everywhere...unfortunatly it was all clad. >:{
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/Robsseatedhalffront21.jpg
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/Robsseatedhalfback1.jpg

Tony Two-Cent
05-23-2011, 09:05 AM
That seated half is spectacular! I would have been jumping up and down too! HOLY COW! I have yet to find any seated liberty coin, I can't even imagine finding a seated half dollar! The Indian Head is a very nice find too!

It sounds like you guys had a fun day of hunting. Congrats!

aloldstuff
05-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Don't have a computer at home so you won't do any work there....you know where I'm going with this :poke: Can't tell you how happy I am that you finally got the silver half and what a half to get. Now everybody reading this will have no idea of your antics after you found this great coin. It was a happy dance with a mixture of some screams, jumping and waving of arms, so bad that a neighbor thought someone got shot. As far as I can tell, all had a great time and I'm pretty sure tick free. CONGRATS. :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

RobW
05-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I really haven't done any work at home lately lol I meant work work. But that bedroom still isn't finished and my grass is getting a bit high, I could have stayed home and cut it....but I wouldn't have this beauty in my hands now :smitten:

Epi-hunter
05-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Wow :omg: :omg: :omg:

That is a beautiful half Rob! :perfect10: :perfect10: Congratulations!

angellionel
05-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Great hunt, Rob! And what a superb find! :drool: She is one of those heart-stopping beauties. :smitten: You had some other nice finds too, making for an awesome hunt! :clapping: Congrats! thumbsup01

coinnut
05-23-2011, 11:29 AM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :girlcry: :girlcry: :girlcry: <: <: :girlcry: :girlcry: :twirlingeyes: :twirlingeyes: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:)

I tried to get that happy dance down, but I'm not sure that it is quite correct lol But what a video that would have made ;) Congrats on the Seated Half, they are unbelievable when they come to light. You got that monkey off of your back lol

RobW
05-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Great hunt, Rob! And what a superb find! :drool: She is one of those heart-stopping beauties. :smitten: You had some other nice finds too, making for an awesome hunt! :clapping: Congrats! thumbsup01

I don't know about heat stopping, but my heart did make a few flips lol

RobW
05-23-2011, 11:51 AM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :girlcry: :girlcry: :girlcry: <: <: :girlcry: :girlcry: :twirlingeyes: :twirlingeyes: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:)

I tried to get that happy dance down, but I'm not sure that it is quite correct lol But what a video that would have made ;) Congrats on the Seated Half, they are unbelievable when they come to light. You got that monkey off of your back lol

That's pretty close! Yeah it could have made America's funniest home video's. No one will ever accuse me of being able to contain my excitement over any good find...even a silver dime lol

JTGOLD
05-23-2011, 01:07 PM
awsome find on the half,very good hunt.

MassDirtFisher
05-23-2011, 04:05 PM
AWESOME FIND!!!
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

del
05-23-2011, 05:09 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: wow Rob a very exciting large silver coin to find , would of loved to seen the Dance and to cheer :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: you on lol lol congrats on the half :beerbuddy:

Spike
05-23-2011, 08:03 PM
|:confused:) |:confused:) That is a sweet big silver thumbsup01 :envious: :envious:

milco
05-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Big congrats on an awesome piece of big silver, that's one I am sure you will be talking about for a long time to come! Amazing find!

dave in iowa
05-23-2011, 11:53 PM
wow incredable find , hope you find more , great hunt

jkress
05-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Wow... now that's an incredible half dollar.
Any silver half is a great find, but a Seated is an amazing discovery. :drool: :drool:
A coin like that would make my whole year.
A big congrats to you Rob. :clapping:

RobW
05-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Thank you all. It was just a lucky day. It could have been anyones...it's all who sweeps their coil over it first. I very easily could have been the one left out...or Tim could have found all the silver with 2 silver halves....don't think Al would let me invite him out with us again :beatdown: lol

cnr_dogs
05-24-2011, 09:44 AM
great hunt beautiful half you got :clapping:

MassDirtFisher
05-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Thank you all. It was just a lucky day. It could have been anyones...it's all who sweeps their coil over it first. I very easily could have been the one left out...or Tim could have found all the silver with 2 silver halves....don't think Al would let me invite him out with us again :beatdown: lol

Awww..... crying01

russellt
05-24-2011, 09:29 PM
gee whiz.... that is super

RobW
05-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Awww..... crying01

I'd sneak u in the trunk..... though I might forget u there rofl

del
05-28-2011, 11:08 PM
hey Rob it was great to see that coin in person , very sweet half :smitten: i hope you don't mind but i added the pictures you wanted me to take of the coin to your first post , the cell phone shots just didn't do the coin justice .

Dan

RobW
05-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Thanks Dan!!!! thumbsup01