PDA

View Full Version : Got my Babygirl a metal detector!

Jack Flynn
01-10-2010, 10:20 AM
I looked for a used one for a while like this but they are hard to find. A guy here in town got a Compadre for Christmas from one of his kids and needed some money so the price brand new was excellent. My babygirl asked for one right before Christmas and I have learned to be patient. She is tickled and has gathered up one of my diggers and a pouch getting ready for her inaugural hunt with her own detector. If it gets out of the mid 30's today we will go!

Epi-hunter
01-10-2010, 10:51 AM
I looked for a used one for a while like this but they are hard to find. A guy here in town got a Compadre for Christmas from one of his kids and needed some money so the price brand new was excellent. My babygirl asked for one right before Christmas and I have learned to be patient. She is tickled and has gathered up one of my diggers and a pouch getting ready for her inaugural hunt with her own detector. If it gets out of the mid 30's today we will go!

That is great Jack! And she got a terrific detector. Keep us posted on how she does. Can't wait to see her finds :)

angellionel
01-10-2010, 10:52 AM
That is great, Jack! It will be fun hunting together, no doubt. It is those moments they recall later in life, treasuring them.

coinnut
01-10-2010, 12:46 PM

Hey Jack, How baby girl is she:huh: She is over 3 ain't she?? lol Glad to see she's taking an interest in the hobby. Quality time together and treasure to boot!! thumbsup01 Sound like a lot of future memories to be made. Congrats!

Jack Flynn
01-10-2010, 04:00 PM
I like that. All my daughters names are babygirl :angelic:They just know who I'm talking too somehow. This Babygirl however is the BBG! She is 13, by far the youngest, nine years between her and the next youngest BBG. We have BBG Ashley, 13...BBG Nicole, 21...BBG Barbara, 24...BBG Joaney, 27...BBG Kristi, 29...BBG Katrina, 32...BBG Ashley is the blessed one I call her. She is the only one at home and well you know the rest of the story.

Rusthunter
01-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Sorry, not to change the subject, but I could not imagine being in a house with that many women. Would have to make reservations to get into the bathroom!

Epi-hunter
01-10-2010, 04:08 PM
You have six daughters?! :shocked04: Wow!! :)

Jack Flynn
01-10-2010, 04:36 PM
You have six daughters?! :shocked04: Wow!! :)

And a wife! Now just Daddy, Mama, and the blessed BBG thumbsup01. Oh and 5 Jack Russell's. BBG is an only child....at home, she loves it! What is funny in conversations the inevitable comes up between BBG and all the other BBG's. You're lucky, Dad never would have let me get away with or do that! You are supposed to mellow as you get older right? I definately have. I don't worry or sweat anything, lifes to short for that. Just don't mess with the girls in the family thumbsup01

Jack Flynn
01-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Sorry, not to change the subject, but I could not imagine being in a house with that many women. Would have to make reservations to get into the bathroom!

We are redoing bathrooms right now as a matter of fact. One is done, one is started, and the other is in waiting. They actually wore them out, just about. Good thing we live in a secluded place. For many many years now I just hit a tree when they were all occupied. I just taught my Grandbaby boy how to tinkle on a tree much to my BBG's dismay, she liked to have fell out, &quot:grin:shocked04:n't do that maybe that bush growing in a mall somewhere might embarrass her some day. Love that GBBoy.........

coinnut
01-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Wow, Look at all them daughters :yes: This would be me after raising them :crazy: We have two and I barely made it through them lol But 13 is a great age to spend quality time with dad. Great for you thumbsup01

del
01-10-2010, 08:35 PM
you and your bladder made it out in one piece and with your sanity through all that , your an inspiration and you give me hope to just make it through the two girls i have ,Jack . lol lol thanks . my 14 year old Kimberly is going to go detecting with me more this year if she can put the telephone down that is lol lol

best of luck for you and your Daughter this year Jack.

Jack Flynn
01-10-2010, 09:01 PM
My BBG has hunted and fished and camped and cleaned deer and cleaned fish and cleaned rabbits and squirrels. No babydolls in the house for this one. Also she has a cell phone but does not use it. Won't wear a dress for nothing. She gets excited when she see's tools and shovels and wood to be chopped. All the rest were girly girls, this is my sweetheart and even though she looks it, she is not a girly girl. Can't wait to get her out there, too cold and windy today.

coinnut
01-10-2010, 09:09 PM
My BBG has hunted and fished and camped and cleaned deer and cleaned fish and cleaned rabbits and squirrels. No babydolls in the house for this one. Also she has a cell phone but does not use it. Won't wear a dress for nothing. She gets excited when she see's tools and shovels and wood to be chopped. All the rest were girly girls, this is my sweetheart and even though she looks it, she is not a girly girl. Can't wait to get her out there, too cold and windy today.

Wow that's a dream daughter lol well from a dad's point of view anyways. At least you know the dirt , bugs, and rain won't bother her.

leslie(nova scotia)
01-18-2010, 06:36 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....great. Remins me of an old song....It's a family affair! Gotz to love dis hubby youz!