PDA

View Full Version : Any one put a date on this ?

Civil War Nut
05-25-2011, 01:23 AM
This was found up the rail road at an old house place about a half mile from town . I know its a Vermont state seal , but can anyone put a date on it ? Thanks for any help !

coinnut
05-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Hey CWN, I Googled genuine bronze watch fob to see if I could put a date to it and I can only guess at it. Watch fobs came in all shapes and sizes and even the Civil War ones look newer to me :dontknow: But the best way to guess would be to see what else is found there and what era those items are from. If I had found it, I would probably guess late 1800's to very early 1900's until someone who deals in antiques gave me a better date on it. The shape of it and the words Genuine Bronze may have been used fonly or a specific time frame. So it's just a guess on my part, but that is a real nice watch fob!! :clapping:

Civil War Nut
05-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Hey CWN, I Googled genuine bronze watch fob to see if I could put a date to it and I can only guess at it. Watch fobs came in all shapes and sizes and even the Civil War ones look newer to me :dontknow: But the best way to guess would be to see what else is found there and what era those items are from. If I had found it, I would probably guess late 1800's to very early 1900's until someone who deals in antiques gave me a better date on it. The shape of it and the words Genuine Bronze may have been used fonly or a specific time frame. So it's just a guess on my part, but that is a real nice watch fob!! :clapping:
Thinks Cnut . I have looked all over and nothing but the 1788 & Green Mont. Boys . Gess I will have to call a Libr. in Vermont they can get it fast . I have done it befor & they are good at it .