PDA

View Full Version : A question to ya'll.

hoser
01-10-2010, 01:40 PM
As you have read I have my DFX on the market and providing it sells I want to move up to the ETrac. For those of you that have the ETrac where did you get it and if you don't mind how much did you spend. What came with it how was the service. I haven't sold it yet but I want to get this info just in case. Dale I remember what you had told me a while back and will check into that when and if the time comes. Thanks.

angellionel
01-10-2010, 01:59 PM
As you have read I have my DFX on the market and providing it sells I want to move up to the ETrac. For those of you that have the ETrac where did you get it and if you don't mind how much did you spend. What came with it how was the service. I haven't sold it yet but I want to get this info just in case. Dale I remember what you had told me a while back and will check into that when and if the time comes. Thanks.

I got mine through a trade with another detectorist, so I guess that wouldn't be much help, but I do recall reading a few posts where some had been able to obtain a fairly new E-Trac at a very reasonable price. I'm sure you'll get some feedback.

coinnut
01-10-2010, 08:16 PM
I got my E Trac when it first come out. I rushed to get it cause I thought it was the newest Explorer lol Boy was I in for a surprise :rolleyes: I got mine at Kellyco and paid around $1400.00 but got some freebies with it. I don't think you are going to get many price breaks because sales and reports of the machine are so high. But you could always try and barter between 2 or 3 different dealers, letting each know you are looking elsewhere too (give names). They may not drop the price, but you may get them to kick in a nice set of headphones, or small coil or pinpointer. Get something for free if you are forced to pay the full price. It's an expensive machine but well worth it to me anyways. I hope you have a chance to test drive the unit at a local dealer. That way you can see if you click with it before you buy it.

Epi-hunter
01-10-2010, 08:55 PM
I bought mine through Ralph at Sun Ray detectors in Hazelton, Iowa. He runs Sun Ray, and I first met him when I bought my Explorer from him several years back, when I still lived in Iowa. I was extremely happy with the service... very fast and efficient, and a great guy. A plus for me was that I wanted the Sun Ray X-1 probe installed, and I didn't have to go through the bother of having the shaft sent to him for installation, since the whole thing was coming from him. He just ordered the detector and installed the probe for me, then mailed it out. :)

Krom
01-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Trader! rofl

Beefcake
01-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Another DFXer down... I'm soon to follow... soon as I figure out how to get my ducks in a row.... Maybe we should have an E-traconly hunt since we'll be kicked out of the club.

hoser
01-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Another DFXer down... I'm soon to follow... soon as I figure out how to get my ducks in a row.... Maybe we should have an E-traconly hunt since we'll be kicked out of the club.

Thats not a bad idea at all Beef. ;)

Ron in WY
01-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Got mine from Joe DeMarco at DeMarco Detector Sales in NJ. He included the SunRay X-1 probe in the deal. Don't know if he's still doing that but I needed the X-1 anyway. My kinda deal.

Ron

hoser
01-14-2010, 09:45 AM
WOW Ron sounds like a heck of a deal. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for everyones help. thumbsup01

coinnut
01-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Got mine from Joe DeMarco at DeMarco Detector Sales in NJ. He included the SunRay X-1 probe in the deal. Don't know if he's still doing that but I needed the X-1 anyway. My kinda deal.

Ron

Hey Ron, That is a good deal. The probe is around $200.00 and it saved you the trouble of sending in the upper shaft for the mounting process. I love that X-1 probe, especially if you have lots of targets in the same hole. thumbsup01

cliff490
02-14-2010, 02:00 PM
I had been watching ebay for a deal on a used E-Trac and using e snipe to enter bids at the last second. I won the bid on a new open box it came with a few extras like a minelab detector bag and tool pouch, Treasure guide CD, a kellyco magnifier, apron rain/dust cover a round zippered thing that aitches to a belt plus all the stuff that is supposed come with the detector. I was a bit suspicious till it arrived as I was the only bidder. But I am very pleased total price was 1244.95

Cliff
in SD

coinnut
02-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Hey Cliff, That's a good price on an E Trac. I usually don't use any of the extras that come with it, but I would keep what you need and re-sell the rest. If you get enough, you may be able to get a pinpointer, or a probe or an extra battery pack, for it. The E Trac is one silver killer lol Congrats on your purchase.

cliff490
02-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Actually I think I can make use of all of it except the round zippered thing that I have no idea what it is for.
I didn't really need an e Trac as I feel I have been doing good with the SE But the beauty of it all is that my sunray probe, extra coils/shafts will all work with the e Trac :grin:
I am buried in snow and ice right now but just swinging it around over some coins on the floor the
e Trac feels lighter and better balanced, the angel of the hand grip is a big improvement.