PDA

View Full Version : Indian Head & Barber Dime, then rain spoils my fun.

Tony Two-Cent
05-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Don't you hate it when you have to stop hunting when you're finding good stuff? :crying02:

After work today I headed to a grade school in a nearby small town. I had hunted there previously about two weeks ago and found a Mercury Dime so I knew it wasn't completely hunted out. Today I only got to hunt for about 45 minutes, but I found two keepers. The Indian Head barely made a peep, but I could get the signal to repeat if I just wiggled the coil a couple of inches. It was fairly deep, about 7 inches. I found the Barber Dime about ten minutes later and it was a similar signal, just a brief peep but it was consistent. It was also about 6-7 inches deep. Then the skys opened up and I hurried back to my car which was parked close by, thankfully.

The E-Trac continues to impress me with its ability to find good, deep coins at worked out sites! The rain may have shortened my hunt today, but at least I know where I'm headed back to at the soonest opportunity! thumbsup01

coinnut
05-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Two nice coins Tony. :clapping: That Barber is in real sweet condition and a nice full Liberty on the Indian too. thumbsup01

jkress
05-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Awesome hunt Tony! :peace: :clapping:
Those are two mighty fine keepers. :drool:
Love the dime... she's in fantastic shape.
Congrats.

zrickkid
05-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Cool beans Tony. :angelic:

milco
05-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Great finds!

aloldstuff
05-26-2011, 07:00 AM
Full Liberty on that Barber, fantastic. Yup you're gonna go back there.

RobW
05-26-2011, 08:27 AM
That's great for only 25 min :shocked04: :envious:

Those are the signals I HAVE to get better at :yes:...any tips? :dontknow:

Tony Two-Cent
05-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Those are the signals I HAVE to get better at :yes:...any tips? :dontknow:

I am still learning myself, but I have been thoroughly investigating every high-pitched signal that the E-Trac produces, no matter how slight. I am still hunting in the multi-tone factory Coins mode, the only adjustment I make is to set the Recovery Mode to Fast when hunting in trashy areas. When I hear that tiny blip of a tone, I move the coil back and forth over it repeatedly from different angles. If it is a deep coin I can usually get the signal to repeat by wiggling the coil just a couple of inches. Swinging the coil over the target in a wide arc gives inconsistent signals, you have to keep the coil movement very confined. This method also seems to provide very accurate pinpointing, without having to switch to pinpoint mode. Hope this helps! Like I said, I'm still learning myself.

tanacat
05-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Don't you hate it when you have to stop hunting when you're finding good stuff? :crying02:

Yes I hate it when that happens! >:(

Way to go on your IH & barber dime Tony :clapping: I'm still looking for a barber... have found plenty mercs and a seated, but not yet a barber.

MassDirtFisher
05-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Congrats on the great finds in little time. Happy Hunting!!

pulltabsteve
05-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Love the Barber and IH :clapping:

mike l
05-26-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm sure the E-Trac will find more good stuff there. Good luck on your next hunt.

coop
05-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Nice digs thumbsup01

JTGOLD
05-27-2011, 09:18 PM
looks like avery good hunt to me, nice finds.