PDA

View Full Version : Both Machines find Silver

trout-hunter
05-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Got permission from my neighbor 2 houses down to detect his yard and this morning I put the SurRay x5 coil and the Trac was a penny magnet total for the morning 18 memorials, 5 wheats,a 46 Rosie and a heart shaped earing,took a much needed break and decided to take the V3 back there, I no sooner start hunting and bang a solid 87 about 5 down and up comes the 45 Washington quarter, now,I have little time with the V3 the next 3 signals were low 20's so I dig and bang up come 2 Jefferson nickels and a Buffalo nickel shown on the bottom and as I am about to quit for the day I get a 50's:huh: signal so I dig and up comes up this neat little play dime .What a day and I think there is more to come from this yard
and you have to love thy neighbors.

Tony Two-Cent
05-25-2011, 07:17 PM
A very nice day indeed! You gotta love finding silver, and buffalo nickels! (A coin which I've yet to find with my E-Trac.)

I would say there is definitely more to come from this yard. Congrats on the hunt!

cnr_dogs
05-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Great hunt wtg on all the quality finds thumbsup01

coinnut
05-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Love thy neighbor is right! lol Great hunt :clapping: Congrats on the silver and all the rest. That was nice of them to let you dig there. Seems like no one has hunted there before you, so it should have more surprises in store for you. :shocked04:

jkress
05-25-2011, 08:05 PM
That's a great day of hunting. :clapping:
Lots of nice keepers. Love the quarter. :drool:
Congrats.

zrickkid
05-25-2011, 08:07 PM
The v3 usually hits at 19-22 for nickels. 19 for shallow ones and a bit higher the deeper you go. Nice finds. :angelic:

trout-hunter
05-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Love thy neighbor is right! lol Great hunt :clapping: Congrats on the silver and all the rest. That was nice of them to let you dig there. Seems like no one has hunted there before you, so it should have more surprises in store for you. :shocked04:
G, I 've been using 2 tone Ferrous since you convinced me to try it and am liking it more and more and having only one good ear lol

aloldstuff
05-26-2011, 06:54 AM
Great hunt, some of my neighbors let me detect their property and some good finds have been made. Congrats on the silver, me thinks there is more.

RobW
05-26-2011, 08:19 AM
very nice :clapping: