PDA

View Full Version : Tired Of Being Abused

fsa46
05-27-2011, 06:53 AM
After being abused about the color ( Flo Pink ) of my trusty Pro Pointer I changed it to Flo Orange. I only had the pink when I first got the Pro Pointer and didn't want to lose it so I used what I had. They could laugh all they want, at least I didn't lose it in the woods like one of my buddies.

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n569/fsa46/IMG_0857-1.jpg
http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n569/fsa46/001.jpg

del
05-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Frank , personally i think the pink was better as i've seen some very bright orange leaves in the fall and when they start to drop you still might have a hard time seeing that pinpointer on the ground . i only wish Coinnut's car keys were day-glo pink when he lost them , and his dig pouch , gps , and ... well you get the idea . lol lol lol

RobW
05-27-2011, 08:27 AM
yeah...I'd have to make fun of you too rofl

Tony Two-Cent
05-27-2011, 08:31 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I have a pair of bright pink gardening gloves that I wear when I metal detect. I wanted a pair that fit snugly, and the only ones at our local Pamida store that worked were a pair of pink ladies gardening gloves. :embarrassed:

Now everyone can make fun of me too. lol

aloldstuff
05-31-2011, 09:20 AM
People can only take so much abuse......then we snap

M-Taliesin
05-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Howdy Amigo!
I don't get it! What was wrong with the original color? What abuse might you be talking about?
Why would color choice for a pinpointer matter? What's important is that it does the job.
I am confused over this thread. Just don't understand what color has to do with anything.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

tanacat
05-31-2011, 11:45 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I have a pair of bright pink gardening gloves that I wear when I metal detect. I wanted a pair that fit snugly, and the only ones at our local Pamida store that worked were a pair of pink ladies gardening gloves. :embarrassed:

Now everyone can make fun of me too. lol

I think you should post a pic of you wearing them :rolleyes:

Just kidding... my kid (boy) loves pink. Guys wear pink shirts and shorts now-a-days all the time. (maybe not together though) lol But I can see how macho men would get a kick out of teasing other guys :poke: :poke:

Great idea on the bright color fsa 46- I think I'll do it too (but not pink, it's too girly girl for even me) lol

Dimeman
05-31-2011, 12:04 PM
After being abused about the color ( Flo Pink ) of my trusty Pro Pointer I changed it to Flo Orange. I only had the pink when I first got the Pro Pointer and didn't want to lose it so I used what I had. They could laugh all they want, at least I didn't lose it in the woods like one of my buddies.

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n569/fsa46/IMG_0857-1.jpg
http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n569/fsa46/001.jpg

I would have done it in Dayglow Yellow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8/ 8/

MartinL
05-31-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm just thankful it wasn't done in flesh tones.

mike l
06-01-2011, 10:04 PM
I left my Lesche in the woods once and it took me 45 minutes to relocate it. The pink will stand out in any environment. Great color choice :beerbuddy:

Bulldog
06-02-2011, 10:29 PM
I agree - the pink would be much easier to see. I'm secure in my manhood - go pink! :cheering:

Bulldog

firstring
06-03-2011, 10:08 AM
I've always looked at it this way when it comes to any metal detecting equipment, what is the results? If some of my equipment is homemade, pink (with purple polka dots) or anything else and I'm having fun finding goodies, well then....
They can go hem a hankie.

wolfpaw518
06-05-2011, 04:44 AM
My first thought...If it's pink, well, you don't have to worry about anyone stealing it! :tongue:

neil

fsa46
06-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Great idea on the bright color fsa 46- I think I'll do it too (but not pink, it's too girly girl for even me) lol

Whatever color you choose, be sure to paint it white first and let it dry, then paint the desired color. If you dont, you wont get the brilliant color you're looking for.

v3ikid
06-05-2011, 08:57 PM
One thing about pink equipment, you won't have to worry about anyone outside the metal detecting world stealing it. We'd be the only ones that would see a need for it. lol :yes:

russellt
06-18-2011, 05:10 PM
i like it .. whatever works for you my man