PDA

View Full Version : First couple of hours detecting

BrunswickMd
05-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Well I decided jump on in to detecting and bought an Ace 250 yesterday. First timer and so far I've swung it for about four hours total with limited success (unless nails count :clapping:) but I have dug six coins (all clad) and I just found a button in my back yard. Got real excited thinking maybe it was a Civil War button (lots of Civil war traffic through here) but a quick Google tells me it's more likely early 20th century. Gives me hope though. To hot and muggy right now but I'll be back out there this evening! I hope everyone has a happy safe Memorial Day.

jkress
05-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Very nice looking button. :clapping: Glad to see you are up and running now. The 250 is a very nice
detector, you are going to find some fun things with it. It hits very nicely on coins.
Dig a bunch of targets at first. Doing this allows you to see how the detector reacts to
different items. Like any detector, learn the language it speaks and great times will be ahead. <:

(unless nails count :clapping:)

Square nails count. lol :yes: They let you know older coins and relics might be in the area.

Fire Fighter 43
05-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Don't get discouraged the good stuff will come with time. The button is a cool find and congrats on your first coins.

Epi-hunter
05-29-2011, 05:01 PM
I like the button :happydance01: That's enough to get you hooked for sure :yes:

Just wait until you find that first silver coin. There will be no going back lol

Congratulations on a great first hunt! The ACE is a very nice machine, and as Joe said, it really hits on coins well :yes:

JTGOLD
05-29-2011, 05:06 PM
you did real good for the first time out,wtg.

del
05-30-2011, 07:31 PM
great first hunt BrunswickMd :clapping: :cheering: :cheering: the button is a great seal Army and started being issued back in 1902 . it looks like and older one WWI or WWII era and is a great relic to find and lets you know theres old targets in the ground and silver could be in the area. congrats on your first hunt .

Dan

coinnut
05-30-2011, 10:16 PM
First hunt and you got a military button?? I'd say that was a great start :clapping: Nice going thumbsup01

aloldstuff
05-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Now that you have taken the plunge........keep digging and the really good stuff will come