PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend Digs

z118
05-31-2011, 07:26 PM
I got in some decent detecting over the long weekend, in spite of some mediocre weather and lousy conditions in places. I tried a few new spots but they were mostly busts, so the quest for new grounds will continue. I spent some time in the tot lots and had fun doing it. The one real keeper for the weekend was a small 10k ring with a black heart. The wedding band in the pic I posted already, I found it last Wednesday. Total for the weekend was 311 coins worth $24.79, the gold ring, some painfully small bits of silver, and the usual tokens, buttons, trinkets, etc. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

del
05-31-2011, 07:37 PM
:omg: wow Z thats a weekend detecting extravaganza worth of finds :shocked04: huge clad total and some great goodies thrown in there as well . :smitten: :smitten: very very nice :clapping: :clapping:.

Ill Digger
05-31-2011, 07:38 PM
:omg: :shocked04: Almost $25 in clad?!! WOW!
Now that's an accomplishment in it's self :yes: :clapping: |:confused:)
And who doesn't love the yella metal?! :drool: lol
Great haul!!
If you'll excuse me? I have to go ice down now.
I'm sore just from thinking about digging all those holes you dug! lol
Congrats Z! :grin:

Viking
05-31-2011, 07:58 PM
Wow! That's a mighty weekend of clad! :shocked04: You must have an iron clad back and knees! I think I'd be limping around for a week after that much time in the field. :blackeye:

Keep up the good work! :clapping:

tanacat
05-31-2011, 08:28 PM
Great spread of finds!!! Wow that's a lot of jewelry :shocked04:stretcher:

Glad ya got out for the weekend. I spent most of it with family, which was nice but.... And when I did get out for a bit all I found was clad & a 1952 wheat! crying01

aloldstuff
06-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Nice hunting...the quest for new spots will never end. Nice haul on the clad and gold is always a welcome find. Congrats

Tony Two-Cent
06-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Wow, that's quite a haul! Lots of coins! Congrats on the gold and silver. When you stop and think about it, it's amazing how much money is out there on/in the ground.