PDA

View Full Version : Second E-Trac Gold!

z118
06-01-2011, 09:41 PM
I got out for an unexpected hunt tonight after a long, long day at work. I was planning on hunting the private school I have permission for, but it was full of activity when I arrived so I moved on to an old favorite spot that I had hunting 51 different times before tonight. Somehow there is still stuff here to be found, though not at the same rate as those early hunts. I wasn't expecting much but the weather was beautiful and this spot is quiet and peaceful and sometimes that is worth as much as any actual finds. Early in the hunt I started digging just about every repeatable signal. I must confess I have become a lazy digger with the E-trac. I think I started on this machine so hell bent on deep silver that I become pretty well inclined to ignore most other signals, especially the non nickel tones. I was much more likely to dig everything on the Sov. So at any rate, it felt good to get back into my wheelhouse so to speak, and dig, dig, dig. The crappy signals proved to be horrendous zinc pennies, corroded trinkets, bottle tops, pull tabs, etc. As it started getting dark I got a low foil tone, flipped a plug, and pinpointed with the propointer. I scraped away some dirt and there it was - the edge of a gold ring! There's nothing like gold in the dirt... nothing! I left it in the plug, still half obscured, and sat back just to savor moment for a bit. Then I pulled it out and gave it a once over - it's stamped 10k Magic Glo and has 3 blue stones and some tiny diamonds (I assume). It's no crown jewel or anything but it sure as heck made my night. I replaced the plug and headed home a happy man!

That's 3 gold rings in a week now; I'm guessing I won't see gold again for months! lol Total for the hunt was 40 coins even worth $3.10.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

jkress
06-01-2011, 09:43 PM
A happy man indeed! :happydance01:
A big congrats on the gold ring. It is a nice looking one.
Congrats. :clapping:

del
06-02-2011, 05:17 AM
nice dainty ring Z :happydance01: , yes i bet it gets confiscated too. lol lol lol

aloldstuff
06-02-2011, 07:34 AM
Very nice reward for working a long, long day. Congrats

RobW
06-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Great score on the ring, bet it made your day for sure :clapping:

Tony Two-Cent
06-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Congrats on the gold ring! That's awesome! Having the patience to dig those signals definitely pays off!

Viking
06-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Man, I can really relate to what you're saying about being a lazy digger with the E-trac. :yes: I haven't found any gold in my first season with the E-trac, but it's mainly because I'm not looking for it, which may sound strange. My goal this year is silver, so I mainly dig high tones and true nickel signals. Occassionally I'll dig all signals, but I haven't been rewarded yet (just can slaw, foil, etc). I think next year though, my goal will be to find X amount of gold items, which will make me be less of a lazy digger. Digging all of that trash, for a chance at some gold, really slows down my quest to hit 20 silver coins, so that's the way I see it as of now. :dontknow:

Makes me feel a little sick to think that I've likely skipped over at least a few gold rings this year, but again, as strange as it seems, it's not my objective for the year.

Way to go! happydance02

mike l
06-02-2011, 11:44 AM
I dig the higher tones, looking for silver coins. I also wonder how much gold I left behind lol. Seems when I dig the lower tones, it's usually foil or pull tabs. Great ring find :beerbuddy:

wingmaster
06-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Congrats on the gold.

PL8MAN
06-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Very nice ring !

coinnut
06-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Sweet :peace: :peace:

trout-hunter
06-22-2011, 07:00 AM
Nice find :clapping: and yesterday I finally had the feeling of finding Gold.

russellt
06-23-2011, 07:58 PM
thats a good hunt and a fine looking ring

Ill Digger
06-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Do you happen to remember the Fe/Co numbers that bad boy gave you? :thinkingabout: lol
I found a 10k ring this year that came in as a broken funny signal that came in 13-32 so I was thinking IH but out pops this little ring :dontknow: happydance02 lol
I tested it above ground and it was reading a soild 10-11 :confused: :rolleyes:
Great find! Sweet little ring!!
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
07-05-2011, 08:25 PM
I found a 10k ring this year that came in as a broken funny signal that came in 13-32 so I was thinking IH but out pops this little ring :dontknow: happydance02 lol
I tested it above ground and it was reading a soild 10-11 :confused: :rolleyes:
Congrats :grin:

That ring may have been co-located next to a coin or some other kind of trash to give it that big of a jump. Sometimes if you don't catch the item in the center of the coil, the numbers may jump a bit. I have also noticed if you position that ring facing up, it may have more surface area and may read higher than if it was flat across. Try it in all different positions and put a wheat cent close to it and see if the numbers blend.

rsarge1
07-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Congrats on the gold ring! That's awesome! :perfect10:

Hook
07-05-2011, 11:33 PM
that proves yet again...ya gotta dig it all lol. congrats on a great find ! thumbsup01