PDA

View Full Version : Finally something to post

v3ikid
06-02-2011, 09:10 PM
The last few times I have went out i have taken the MXT. I love the V3i but something has been nagging at me that there is shallow stuff i'm missing. :thinkingabout: I have a 5.3 coil for trashy areas and even though it is not v rated it works well on the V3i as long as i keep the sensitivity under 12. For some reason though I like that coil on the MXT better and the DD better on the V.

I had hunted for a few hours and got maybe 12 coins that were all pretty shallow then i get the solid 12 and it sounded good running in relic mode (alternate). (which i have to run that way when i'm in a trashy area so as to not drive me nuts) I get this 10k gold ring with the heart shaped CZ stone. :clapping: thumbsup01 I slow way down and really concentrate at this point. I put the ring on my pinky like i always do with the small rings, it's just that this one happened to fit a tad bit loose. I detect for another half hour then it happened.

I looked down and the ring is NOT on my pinky. Yep i had lost it. :hairpulling: >:/ >:# >{

Well you know what comes next. YEP try to find the ring before dark and dark is coming within the hour. >:\ Lucky for me i hadn't wnet more then 30 yards since i remembered seeing it and still had to retrace my steps 3 times to find it. BUT find it i did. :clapping: It's a good thing i know a guy with a detector. lol

What i lerned today was that it took finding 10 pulltabs to get a Gold ring. Then it took finding 6 more to refind it. lol I know there is more stuff there i just have to find it.

Thanks for looking

Tony Two-Cent
06-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Congrats on finding gold TWICE! lol

Ill Digger
06-02-2011, 09:32 PM
:shocked04: lol Thats the first time I've heard of that happening lol
Good thing you know a guy thumbsup01 lol
Really nice find ! :drool:
Congrats :grin:

zrickkid
06-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Way to go. :clapping:

jkress
06-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Awesome find and save!! :clapping:
Do you get to count that one twice? 8/ lol
Congrats.

marinedad
06-02-2011, 10:57 PM
congrats times two.

mike l
06-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Believe it or not I lost a king george copper I found in the woods. I was hunting with Pulltab Steve and when I went to show him it was gone. I was bumming. Steve found it a few weeks later and returned it to me. I was able to sleep again. I know how you feel!, glad you found it :clapping:

aloldstuff
06-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Great double recovery. Next time you should loose a pull tab. Congrats

wingmaster
06-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Congrats on the gold.