PDA

View Full Version : fOUND MY FIRST LARGE (CLEANED)

trout-hunter
06-03-2011, 07:41 PM
My friend Jim who knows everyone it seems got us permission to hunt a large field that is across from a local fairgroung area that holds possibilities for if not quality but quantity of coins and or jewelery as the owners use it as a parking lot, so off we went
but when we got there the grass was knee high and TICKS give me the creeps so we hunted the outscirt area that was cut but with little success of one clad quarter and one memorial so we decided to call it a day and when we got to his house he offered to let me hunt his yard and what the hell, I pulled the E-Trac out with the Sunray 5 and began hunting. Lately I've become a fan of 2 tone Ferrous with that coil and the first target was a 12-43 and not deep and as always for me it was a memorial copper
so I started to slowly sweep his upper yard and got a very deep signal that was bouncing around 11-41, 42, 43 44 ,12- 42 43 but consistent CO #'s and the depth metter was maxed out at 12 so remembering wat Angel says if it's deep dig it so I cut a big and deep plug and as soon as I pulled it out it was right on the egde of the plug and about 10 down. Sorry for the long and winded post but for me this is my earliest and best and I hope you enjoy without being bored to death. Ii is now soaking and will be for a while and from what I see 1834 seems to be at least a semi-key date.Thanks for looking.Oh as for the 2 tone Ferrous I have to give credit to this guy Coinut that got me thinking about it a while backand I like it. Thanks G.

pulltabsteve
06-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Beautiful coin! Congratulations on your first Large Cent :clapping:

MassDirtFisher
06-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Congrats on your first large cent, hope that you score many more. Happy Hunting!! :beerbuddy:

jkress
06-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Very, very nice TT! <:
She is a beauty. Post a followup picture when she is clean. :drool:
I have to spend some more time with my Sun Ray X-5. Gave it some time
earlier this spring but haven't put it back on. I know I need to learn the coil's sounds but
while using it for several hunts earlier... rusty iron sounded exactly like deep silver all the way around the target. I dug more iron
with the X-5 than I ever did with the larger coil. :confused: I guess I just need to put more time in with it.
Congrats on the LC!! :clapping:

trout-hunter
06-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Very, very nice TT! <:
She is a beauty. Post a followup picture when she is clean. :drool:
I have to spend some more time with my Sun Ray X-5. Gave it some time
earlier this spring but haven't put it back on. I know I need to learn the coil's sounds but
while using it for several hunts earlier... rusty iron sounded exactly like deep silver all the way around the target. I dug more iron
with the X-5 than I ever did with the larger coil. :confused: I guess I just need to put more time in with it.
Congrats on the LC!! :clapping:
The only thing I can say is go slow and I mean crawl as I found out even a half inch of ground can make a difference and I am by no means a wizard with the E-Trac.

JTGOLD
06-03-2011, 09:29 PM
very nice find,wtg.

jkress
06-03-2011, 09:31 PM
The only thing I can say is go slow and I mean crawl as I found out even a half inch of ground can make a difference and I am by no means a wizard with the E-Trac.

Thanks for the advice TT. You have motivated me to put the coil back on. :yes:

trout-hunter
06-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the advice TT. You have motivated me to put the coil back on. :yes:
OH and BTW there were also 2 rusty nails in the plug, go figure.

zrickkid
06-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Nice job Trout! :angelic:

hockeyguy
06-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Coinnut....never heard of him? |:confused:) Excellent find mr trout. If ur a trout fisherman, these coins are as difficult to catch as them fish! :peace:

Bell-Two
06-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Very good congratulations! Something about Large Cents gets the blood pumping for me, I never get tired of finding them!

Fire Fighter 43
06-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Congrats on a first!!

del
06-04-2011, 08:51 AM
hey Ernie big congrats on your first large cent :cheering: |:confused:) :cheering: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: now the monkey is off your back we expect to see a ton more from you Mr. :eyebrow: :tongue: very nice looking coin thumbsup01

Dan

aloldstuff
06-04-2011, 09:07 AM
It's a coin that you will remember forever. Congrats on the 1st of many LC's

coinnut
06-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Ernie got a large copper? :shocked04: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: |:confused:) |:confused:) Congrats on the large cent. I bet that was a nice surprise. They come up when you least expect them sometimes. Was his house old enough to have that copper be original, or do you think it was in some fill brought in a while back? Either way a nice copper and one that you will gaze at for a long time lol I still do. Glad you like TT Ferrous. It works in real littered iron sites for me. It's multi Conductive at parks and TT Ferrous at homes and cellar holes.

Coinnut....never heard of him? |:confused:)

You could only be so lucky Aaron lol

mike l
06-04-2011, 08:44 PM
That coin will clean up nice, date and Liberty clearly visible. Congrats on a nice first :beerbuddy:

Tony Two-Cent
06-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Congrats on the large cent! That's awesome! I can't wait to see it after it's cleaned up. It looks to have nice detail. I still remember exactly where I found my first large cent over 25 years ago. Nothing like finding a big copper!

trout-hunter
06-05-2011, 09:12 AM
George, This property was at one time a very large farm of a prominent family in the town and the house was built in 1956 along with a few others on that side ,so who knows about the dirt ,if it was brought in or disturbed it was a while ago.

[quote=coinnut link=topic=6047.msg71422#msg71422 date=1307205238]
Ernie got a large copper? :shocked04: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: |:confused:) |:confused:) Congrats on the large cent. I bet that was a nice surprise. They come up when you least expect them sometimes. Was his house old enough to have that copper be original, or do you think it was in some fill brought in a while back? Either way a nice copper and one that you will gaze at for a long time lol I still do. Glad you like TT Ferrous. It works in real littered iron sites for me. It's multi Conductive at parks and TT Ferrous at homes and cellar holes.]

v3ikid
06-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Congrats on the large copper. I hope i get one some day. That is cool. :perfect10: