PDA

View Full Version : My First Ring! (picture added)

Relic Whisperer
06-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Well I finally found my first ring today. A ladies class ring (class of 2011 which graduates next week) at my usual local beach in the dry sand. But life is funny. Turns out upon a quick look the ring turns out to belong to the daughter of someone we know here in town. Needless to say she was thrilled to find out I had found it. To make it that much more miraculous, I only was hunting the dry sand with my XLT becuase my sand shark is in the shop so no water hunting for now and I was jonesing for a hunt. When I find someones jewelry and can return it I never charge them and instead ask them to do one thing which is that sometime in the next week or so I ask that they perform a random act of kindness on a stranger in appreciation of their good fortune. Kind of a pay it forward concept. It could be paying a starngers toll, buying someones coffee, helping an elder person with something or simply volunteering for a day some where. They all seem to embrace the idea. I re attached the picture.

zrickkid
06-03-2011, 10:14 PM
WTG Stan. I returned a ring last week that was lost 3 years ago. Its a nice feeling. :angelic: :embarrassed:

jkress
06-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Very well done Stan and I especially like your suggestion of 'pay it forward'. :clapping:
The picture did not show up on my end. Would love to see it in your post. You deserve it.
Click HERE (http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=5496.0) for instructions.
Congrats on the find and a big 'pat on the back' for returning it. thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
06-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Congratz Stan, I am sure you find many more and have the opportunity to make other folks happy! :clapping:

v3ikid
06-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Cool story. Nice job on the returned ring. I have found things for people by request and know how good that can feel. I can imagine how stoked you'd be over surprising someone with a lost item. Great job. :clapping:

Snickerdoodle
06-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Happy ending all the way around full circle!! :yes:

aloldstuff
06-06-2011, 10:39 AM
WTG...awesom story. Like the pay if forward concept

Relic Whisperer
06-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Got the young lady to come over today to get her ring. Found out that she is going to be going to a school in Georgia to become a nurse to work in third world countries to help help the under privillaged. Needless to say I'm pretty sure she will be paying it forward!

Snickerdoodle
06-06-2011, 03:38 PM
:perfect10: on making a Senior happy today!

JTGOLD
06-07-2011, 09:32 PM
congrats on finding and returning the ring,bet she was a happy camper.

Mudder
07-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Deserves at least a big pat on the back. Its great to make a young lady smile.