PDA

View Full Version : HOT!!!!!

LEROY
06-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Its to hot to do anything already. Went to a park yesterday at 8 in the evening and was rubbing sweat out of my eyes in 5 minutes. ITS TO HOT!!!!

Tony Two-Cent
06-04-2011, 01:22 PM
I hear you! It's currently 95 here, blech! Hot, humid, dry and dusty. Not only that but the gnats are terrible. I think we skipped spring and went straight to summer.

v3ikid
06-04-2011, 01:59 PM
I took The MXT to the park yesterday, was there from 4 til about dark and it was hot. I'm used to it though since i work outside all day anyway. probably explains the headache i have today. :rolleyes: But i did find a couple of wheat pennies and a chord that goes from a guitar to an amplifier. I found the end of it and started pulling and it just kept coming out of the ground. :thinkingabout:

zrickkid
06-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Its getting a bit hot her in the Chicago suburbs too. Should make for an interesting summer. :angelic:

v3ikid
06-04-2011, 04:37 PM
I can deal with the heat long after most give out, i just know there will come a time where digging in the park will kill the grass. That's when i plan to hone in on that shallow jewelry and use a screwdrive to retrieve. :yes:

DaleGM
06-07-2011, 03:37 PM
I hear you! It's currently 95 here, blech! Hot, humid, dry and dusty. Not only that but the gnats are terrible. I think we skipped spring and went straight to summer.
bugs got to eat too !!!!! lol lol

fsa46
06-07-2011, 03:58 PM
I got to a spot at 6am today and by 8am I was headed home. This MDing isn't for me this time of year, then again neither are most other things. Just can't stand the heat. :blackeye:

MartinL
06-07-2011, 04:33 PM
This heat kills my ground conditions too. Soooo, besides me losing interest in getting myself out in the heat, the soil here gets so loose and grainy, you only get the shallow targets anyway because the V3i loses it's magical ability for depth here. In a way though, digging a deep hole in 102 degrees has no appeal anyway. martin

Dimeman
06-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Heat indexes here have been in the 100's since June 1st. Official temps have been record highs with 2 days of 105 degrees and humidity in the high 90 percentage.
My detecting is done until the middle of September---or could be later than that. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Have to find an indoor hobby to pass the time--think I'll get my old guitar out of the closet and start practicing again. ;)

MartinL
06-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Heat indexes here have been in the 100's since June 1st. Official temps have been record highs with 2 days of 105 degrees and humidity in the high 90 percentage.
My detecting is done until the middle of September---or could be later than that. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Have to find an indoor hobby to pass the time--think I'll get my old guitar out of the closet and start practicing again. ;)

Shootin' pool and drinking cold beer is my choice ;-) martin

aloldstuff
06-08-2011, 06:42 AM
The days of my hat brim so saturated with sweat that it drips....love it....only if I can find something

whammy
06-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Same here in central New York. It's 96 degrees on the back porch right now. It's way to hot to detect right now. Thank goodness we got 800 bales of hay in the barns in the last two days. It was not gonna happen today.

v3ikid
06-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Today is supposed to be 97, I have been in the Air conditioning all morning but since it is supposed to rain the next three days i think i'll get out later and give it another shot. I know i will pay for it later but there is no way i'm waiting til fall to go detecting. lol

If there is at least a breese i can deal with it. Besides i'm on vacation and just sitting around is not going to get it.

Tony Two-Cent
06-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Finally some relief! It has been in the 90s every day this past week here in central Illinois. Not only hot, but dry and dusty as well. I have been detecting a couple of times but haven't found anything noteworthy. Last night we had storms and quite a bit of rain. It has cooled off considerably. Hopefully the rain and cooler temps will help detecting conditions. I might have to go out for a hunt later today after our family reunion.

RWJR13
06-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Hot here too....I work in it during the day and some weekends....Can't say I have been eager to go detect in it.....

Dimeman
06-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Still hitting record highs..........the weatherman said yesterday that Houston has had had the most days without rain and the most highest temperature days since 1902.......... crying01 crying01

russellt
06-18-2011, 05:04 PM
yep . its hot here in athens ga . and not only in the kitchen