PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of the park

v3ikid
06-04-2011, 05:08 PM
When i was detecting yesterday afternoon i took a few pictures of the park i hunt. As far as i know the building has been there since the very early 1900's and the stone wall you see in the picture has three sections and is 100 to 150 yards long. I know i hunt it alot but as you can see from these two pictures, it's old and something tells me there is something special there that no one has gotten yet and i want to be the one to get it. Some say i'm wasting my time and even though the finds are becoming less frequent there is still good stuff there. I just found two wheats by that stone wall so all is not lost yet.
The building is large and has a stage in it where they had a lot of entertainment in the early 1900's. people would come from all over on a train to see shows here so i'm thinking that on a hot summer day some lady of class must have set under a tree fanning herself and losing a ring or bracelet. I would like to find a peice of Jewelry from that time era. I have found coins that pre date the building by 20 years, so the potential is there but like any other park trash is the obstical. With presistance hopfully it will pay off. If you look at the building in the photo I found an Indian head to the left of the sidewalk that leads to the building at about 8 and have found 6 more around that building.

I know this is long winded but i just thought this unique building and stone wall deserved a story and you could all put a picture with the finds i post from this place.

My next goal is to find someone that can hook me up in a ghost town that is a few miles from here where there used to be a stage coach stop before the civil war. Not only a stage coach stop but one that Abe Lincoln took from time to time. It was a stop that went from Springfield to Vandalia when Vandalia was the state capitol.
This particular town was a booming town in the 1830's, and 40's but when the railroad went in a few miles to the east through another town That town started booming and the other died. So i'm sure there are early coins in the area. My guess would be as early as 1820 beings that the county i live in was settled a few miles south of this stage stop in 1820.

Tony Two-Cent
06-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Although finds may become less frequent, old parks like that are never hunted out. You just have to concentrate, think outside the box, swing your detector in unlikely spaces, and dig all the questionable signals.

Good luck and I hope you keep finding stuff there!

zrickkid
06-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Good thinking kid. Keep it up there is bound to be some goodies left there. :clapping: :angelic:

aloldstuff
06-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Slowly attack that park. Looks like an old one and the advise that has already been given I could'nt agree with more.