PDA

View Full Version : yet another newbie...

wolfpaw518
06-05-2011, 04:34 AM
My name's Neil and I live in Faribault Minnesota, a State rather new, compared to some of the more historic places in the world. I've been hunting off an on for about 15 years. I'm a relic hunter, love finding the old stuff. I primarily search remote locations, old homesteads and such. My passion is WW-II battlefields, for this I'm stuck on the Internet. I've done a few recoveries for people and like the satisfaction it gives. I use a Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, I know, but I like it, works great in all metal mode, and with our area only about 150 years old, most stuff isn't that deep. This was my first detector and it's still going strong. I do plan to get something better down the road here. I have no real collection to speak of, I try to find a good home for nice finds..for me, the thrill is in the hunt!

Hello!
neil

:envious: I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime I want..really...I'm not addicted!!...

del
06-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Hello Neil , welcome to the American Detectorist forum . Minnesota is a beautiful place and parts of the state does have alot of history with colonial armies fighting and occupying areas over the lucrative fur trade industry. i also like relic hunting and would be interested in the type of finds you've made , glad to have you here Neil .

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
06-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Welcome to the forum, Neil!

We look forward to hearing about your finds. This place is full of useful information provides great motivation.

Glad to have you here!

pulltabsteve
06-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the forum Neil. Glad you could make it. Saving history is a good thing! Looking forward to seeing some of your finds.

psychposse
06-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Welcome Neil

I have had the opportunity to do some relic hunting around my area in northern Minnesota, lots of old logging camps around these parts.

jkress
06-06-2011, 12:58 AM
A big welcome to you Neil! :clapping: Glad to have you here with us.
I did some ice fishing in Faribault at Tetonka Lake a couple of times when I lived in the Cities. I usually headed north for
fishing trips but the trips to your city produced a couple of nice harvests of big crappies. :drool:
150 years is a lot of time for coin drops. :yes: Figure at least 100 years of people dropping the good stuff. :happydance01:
Good luck and I am looking forward to your posts.

v3ikid
06-06-2011, 07:16 AM
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing what you're finding up north. Good luck hunting.

aloldstuff
06-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Welcome from western MA. Looking forward to your posts.

Spiderwort
06-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi. Welcome to the AM forum. Kind of slow in here lately because it is finally warm and dry enough across the country and people are out hunting. Concerning hunting for old stuff in your area. I see that someone has mentioned the old logging camps and early settlements. I viewed a You-tube video of a newbie finding copper points near ambush areas. The native Americans had a long history of mining and producing hunting points and other items from the native copper. Now that would be some very interesting finds. Go forth and search! I can't wait to see your future posts.

Jeff (or)
06-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist, Neil. Hope you have a great summer detecting!!! 8) :beerbuddy:

zrickkid
06-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Welcome home Neil. <:

russellt
06-08-2011, 08:02 PM
welcome neil . yea im not addicted either . i havent decided to quit in 7 years but i can any time i want ... i think ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not

coinnut
06-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Welcome aboard Neil. You have some good hunting areas there from what I hear. Can't wait to see what you turn up. As for the Bounty Hunter for a machine, whatever you are comfortable with, will serve you better than someone that buys a top dollar machine and parks it in the closet lol I'm sure there are plenty of surprises to be found in Minnesota. :clapping: