PDA

View Full Version : White's M6

Islandhunter
10-26-2009, 08:37 PM
gotta have a spot for the M6!! thumbsup01

OkieDigger
10-26-2009, 08:44 PM
I was sorry I had to sell my wife's M6, but I needed the funds for the E-Trac. :)

However, I still have some great knowledge on it and will be available to help anyone as best as possible.

Islandhunter
10-26-2009, 09:08 PM
I was sorry I had to sell my wife's M6, but I needed the funds for the E-Trac. :)

However, I still have some great knowledge on it and will be available to help anyone as best as possible.

I've had mine for 2 years now...upgraded from my Prizm III (now my back up) and so far LOVE it....I am sure there is still alot I don't know about it but love the turn on and go ease of it and have had great luck with it. I;d recommend it to anyone that wants a great machine with the simplicity of not having all the tinkering of programs to adjust. Which in my case is a good thing for if I had the DFX I;d constantly be wondering if I was in the wrong program and would be changing it all the time, and probably (definitely) not for the better.... :huh: :embarrassed:

OkieDigger
10-26-2009, 09:18 PM
When it comes to simplicity, depth and versatility, it's hard to beat the M6.

Epi-hunter
10-26-2009, 09:29 PM

You sold your wife's M6 to buy an E-trac? :grin:

OkieDigger
10-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Yes, yes I did. But she's quite happy with my MXT now. thumbsup01

CyberSage
10-26-2009, 09:58 PM
I was sorry I had to sell my wife's M6, but I needed the funds for the E-Trac

Okie, you are the man! I am so in awe of you! You got guts man. :grin:

Jack

Lowjiber
10-27-2009, 07:17 AM
When it comes to simplicity, depth and versatility, it's hard to beat the M6.
I agree. I like to say that an M6 is an MXT without the steroids. :grin: I've tried to get my wife to use one...even gone so far as to bring one home. She loves the Ace 250 though, and I can't shake her loose. :embarrassed:

OkieDigger
10-27-2009, 08:08 AM
There's nothing wrong with the ACE250 either. If she's comfortable with it and works for her, then like the Beatles said, let it be. :grin:

Epi-hunter
10-27-2009, 08:20 AM
You've got a song for every occasion, don't you Dale? :grin:

I agree John... I like the ACE250 too. It is a fantastic coinshooter and finds jewelry like nothing else.

Okay... sorry... back to the M6 :grin:

Cheap Thrills
01-17-2010, 11:30 PM
The M6 is a great detector and in my opinion probably the most bang for the buck in its price range , When I don't feel like going real slow with my Explorer SE and want to cover some ground I reach for it . I like the 6X10 DD coil and the 5.3 concentric on it the best .
I always hunt in the tones mode , the tones are the main reason I got it over the MXT .
Usually you can find a real nice used one for about $400 .

Baba

BOWSER
01-21-2010, 09:07 PM
i am sorry i never rented an m6 but i think i should have,i have been using a modified idx pro until it died. i have been told the m6 is pretty much the idx design with a freq change and digital.So many people like the machine it makes me wonder. i have an mxt waiting for the spring thaw, my only hope is i am smart enogh to find something good with it. HH jim

Cheap Thrills
01-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Hi Jim ,

I've never owned an MXT but I've seen enough of them in action to know they are a great machine . I am sure you will do well with yours when you get a chance to use it .
Now is the time to be lining up your hunting spots , reading up on and watching Videos on the MXT .
I'll be looking forward to seeing your results . Best of luck . thumbsup01

Baba

tanacat
02-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Just started detecting this past September. I'm happy with my Prism IV but need more depth, I've found plenty of coins, but no silver (one ring). Thought about adding a coil. (I tried an XLT yesterday and don't like for many reasons!)

I guess I'm just used to mine. I like the multi-tones, weight and style of the Prisms IV & V. I was going to invest in XLT, DFX or V3 but now I'm thinking about just upgrading to Prism M6.
Seems to be a good detector for the $....

Handyman is an oldtimer to detecting (my mentor :)), said he was looking at M6 the other day and was pretty impressed... Anyway, was glad to see this thread!

coinnut
02-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Hey Tanacat and anyone else lol sometimes if you aren't finding the silver or older coins and your machine doesn't have the depth to find them, you may want to change your hunting locations. My parents house was built around 1910, but was on a previous foundation (we didn't know that). I was testing a White's Coinmaster II that I bought for my little brother, and really didn't expect much. Just wanted to show him how it worked and ran it under a small bush and we got a great loud signal. Thinking Memorial penny, we instead found an 1864 two cent piece, two inches down. In situatuions where everyone has hunted, you may only pick up clad, but in old house locations where you are first, you may find old coins right off the bat. Just some food for thought :confused:

tanacat
02-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Hey Tanacat and anyone else lol sometimes if you aren't finding the silver or older coins and your machine doesn't have the depth to find them, you may want to change your hunting locations. My parents house was built around 1910, but was on a previous foundation (we didn't know that). I was testing a White's Coinmaster II that I bought for my little brother, and really didn't expect much. Just wanted to show him how it worked and ran it under a small bush and we got a great loud signal. Thinking Memorial penny, we instead found an 1864 two cent piece, two inches down. In situatuions where everyone has hunted, you may only pick up clad, but in old house locations where you are first, you may find old coins right off the bat. Just some food for thought :confused:

Thank you for the advice- I do need to ask permission to hunt people's yards! I've been focusing more on old farms like 400 acre property of Davy Crockett's uncle (Joseph Crockett) I've been researching him and find his life so fascinating. Getting ready to post a thread about his place (house built in early 1800's/ family cemetary). Wow, what a great place for a group dig!!!

tanacat
02-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Okay oops it's the Prism 6T I'm drawn to, not the M6.... still a learnin' :cheesysmile:

Lowjiber
02-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Okay oops it's the Prism 6T I'm drawn to, not the M6.... still a learnin' :cheesysmile:

Here's a thought...

IMHO, the M6 is a better all around machine than the 6T. If you're thinking that somewhere down the road you might be buying either a DFX or V3, the coils are interchangeable with the M6.

For example: If you bought an M6 and decided to add a 6x10DD coil, all you have to do is order a V rated one from White's (same price) and it'll work on the M6 and the V3.

Additionally, if you were to purchase a SunRay (Serial No. greater than 699) for an M6, it will work just fine with either a DFX or V3.

tanacat
02-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Here's a thought...

IMHO, the M6 is a better all around machine than the 6T. If you're thinking that somewhere down the road you might be buying either a DFX or V3, the coils are interchangeable with the M6.

XLT also? I just passed up a good deal on a used one... but I really like the Prism IV better, but want to upgrade. Not sure what to get!!! Help

Lowjiber
02-22-2010, 09:35 AM
XLT also? I just passed up a good deal on a used one... but I really like the Prism IV better, but want to upgrade. Not sure what to get!!! Help

The XLT coils are not interchangeable with the DFX/MXT/M6 coils.

I can't offer much hands-on XLT experience to your thought process. However, I've always got an opinion...

The XLT's are very nice and many folks do very well with them. To me, the XLT is kinda stuck in the middle. It's wedged between the MXT and DFX in the White's line. The XLT offers a single frequency (6.5kHz) like the Prizim 6T (8kHz)...both are good all-around frequencies, especially for coin shooting. However, the DFX offers two freqs (3kHz and 15kHz) and a lot more programming options.