PDA

View Full Version : Sat & Sunday Hunts

aloldstuff
06-05-2011, 08:07 PM
I had to work Sat so I was only able to get out for a short 1/2 hour hunt. Got the 1930 Canadian cent.

Sunday, RobW and Tim (massdirtfisher) met me at my house around 4:30am and we headed out of town. Something we don't normally do but had been discussing it. So we head north and the first spot was a school. Noting but clad, second spot was a park in the middle of town, noting but clad. The third spot was a nice park near the police station, Rob and Tim went to a section and I sorta stayed near the car, got the wheat, 1944 d. I see Rob and Tim coming back, seems that Tim read a sign and it stated that no golfing, motor vehicles, METAL DETECTING on town property was allowed. That was our clue to leave this town.

We then headed west and stopped for some breakfast. After breakfast we stopped at a farm and a guy told us where the owner lived but not to go there before 900 am. Seeing that it was only 8:25 we went to another town and hit their green. Tim manages a merc and I got the big button (anyone who can date this, greatly appreciated). As we were leaving this town we spot an elderly gentleman in his driveway. Rob says turn around so I did and I asked him if it was alright if we could metal detect his property. Got the go ahead, an 1804 home with plenty of space. I got the good signal in the front yard and dug, roots everywhere, then I see the rim of silver. Now all I'm thinking is 1804 house, I finally got my bust coin. Not to be, a 1917 merc.

Our nect stop was another school. I got clad, the most I'v gotten in one day so far this year. and the silver charm. Now Tim is just meandering around and manages to unearth a Barber dime. Rob and I are still scratching our heads wondering how he does it.

All in all, a good hunt with good friends....we will do it againl.

Thanks for reading and keep diggin

JTGOLD
06-05-2011, 10:05 PM
nice silver dime and worth the time,good hunt.

RobW
06-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Some good finds! I had my first MAJOR goose egg of the year >:# >{

Since every time Tim comes out with us he finds silver.....next time he gets the spot for us to go thumbsup01

Tony Two-Cent
06-06-2011, 12:25 PM
I think Canadian coins sport some very attractive designs, especially the older ones. That one has an interesting red color to it. I wish I could find a Mercury Dime every time I hunt. I love finding them!

I have no idea about the button but it looks really old to me!