PDA

View Full Version : Finally my first class ring and it's a nice one

v3ikid
06-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Since i am on vacation this week i hit the park about 9:30 this morning. After school is out the park here has lots of people at all times of the day pretty much any day of the week. The pool has a lot to do with that. Started out detecting around the basketball court. I usually avoid this area because of surface trash and there are a zillion penny signals.

I start out by really being pretty lazy :rolleyes:, i passed up about three penny signals and then i get to where the pole for the rim and backboard and i get a dime signal. I was using the MXT agian with the 5.3 coil beacuse of the trash issues. I get this dime signal but it wasn't typical it was a solid 81 which for me around here means either a silver dime or a perfect piece of aluminum. lol I turn to walk away 8/ (I know stupid thing to do but i wasn't really in the mood for digging trash and pennies today) Then something makes me turn around again and scan it again. That's when the little voice said &quot:grin:ig it dummy

I don't argue anymore so i dug it and this very cool class ring pops out. The name is engraved and everything so returning it shouldn't be a problem. I got a phone call in to a friend that might be able to head me down the road to returning it.

Now all of a sudden i'm in the mood to dig just about evrything that chirps. :happydance01: I put out a warning at that point to all the birds not to get too close. lol

From the basketball court i went 10 feet over and scanned the volleyball court which is all sand. This is where i found my 4th ever Kennedy Half dollar. It is a 1972, not silver but cool all the same. The i think well, might as well go over to the skate area and see if my luck continues. I get over there and within 2 minutes i find a nice wheat penny on top of the ground.

Turns out I dig more coins on days i'm not in the mood to dig em. rofl I ended up with 73 coins and a class ring in 3 hours. Not a bad morning. And yes it was hot.

Thanks for listening and looking, i'll keep you updated on the ring.

Make that 75 coins, I found two more in my pocket i missed. lol

aloldstuff
06-06-2011, 03:13 PM
WTG and good for you on listening to yourself (dummie). Hope you are able to return that ring as I'm sure the owner will be a very happy person.. Congrats on a great hunt

Tony Two-Cent
06-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Looks like it could be a very expensive ring! Keep us posted on your progress with returning it. The owner should be thrilled to get it back!

Snickerdoodle
06-06-2011, 03:37 PM
One happy senior comming up wonder if the parents know its lost yet! WTG v3ikid :perfect10:

JTGOLD
06-06-2011, 08:26 PM
very nice ring and good luck on the return of the ring.

zrickkid
06-06-2011, 08:38 PM
The class ring I dug a couple of months ago was very similar, mine rang up at 19vdi and was 10kt. What was yours?

jkress
06-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Score!! <: Love the ring. Congrats to you for tracking down the owner. :yes:
Very nice v3ikid. :clapping:

v3ikid
06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
The class ring I dug a couple of months ago was very similar, mine rang up at 19vdi and was 10kt. What was yours?

This one was silver, It came up as 81. Yes it was a nice ring. The boy said it cost about $500. It was worth more to me to give it back.

PL8MAN
06-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Sweet ring :perfect10:

tanacat
06-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Now all of a sudden i'm in the mood to dig just about evrything that chirps. :happydance01: I put out a warning at that point to all the birds not to get too close. lol

<} I know that feeling! Congrats on one heck-of-a-ring :happydance01:
Good luck finding the owner!