PDA

View Full Version : Coin countfor the year

v3ikid
06-06-2011, 04:06 PM
I just dumped the box that i keep all my clad in because it was running over. It is the third time this year i have dumped it. Crazy me didn't count the last two times but this time i had

Pennies -303
Quarters- 60
Dimes - 62
Nickels - 52
IH's - 4
Silver -1 :girlcry:
Rings -3 This time 2 gold 1 silver

The count should be close on the other dumps, the box i have has seperate compatrtments for designated coins and they were all full again except i had a few more quarters this time, they were overflowed into my odds and ends compartment.

My good ring totals in the first 6 months of this year is 6. 4 silver and 2 gold beats what i have found in the previous 5 years which is 5. Determination and the willingness to dig pull tabs is the key i think, atleast it's working for me.

My count so far should be around 1500 coins. My best year previously is around 2000. I have been hunting more this year so that makes a difference. I think my average is around 1000 a year which is not too shabby beings that i have not hunted more then 30 different properties since i've started detecting. I do tend to hunt the same places over and over, and they are still bringing in coins. I now need to find some new grounds to increase my old coin finds.

Thanks for listening.

aloldstuff
06-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Like you, I also hunt the same properties over and over. I dump all my clad in an old mason jar. No idea of the count. The first year and a half I just hunted schools and parks and totalled over $700 in clad. Then decided to hit fields and the woods because I wanted the old stuff. So far its been a good trade off. I upgraded to the V3i this year and so far my silver count is 25% total of the past 4 years.

v3ikid
06-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Sounds like you are slaying the silver. I too went to the V3i this year. The first three months i strictly used the V3i but i have been using the MXT a little more lately. They both have their uses. I think the V3i has made me better with the MXT, then switching back to the MXT for a few hunts has made me look at the V different. I think they are a great pair of detectors to have. 2 detectors with a combine 4 different frequencies is not a bad set up.
I have concentrated more this year on rings and it is paying off so far. It seems like if i concentrate on rings i still dig coins but if i concentrate on coins only i don't dig the rings.

russellt
06-18-2011, 05:09 PM
your doing alot better than me !!!!!!!!