PDA

View Full Version : I know a lot of you are frozen out of metal detecting for a while....

Jack Flynn
01-12-2010, 05:15 PM
In your honor I put on some thick clothes, it's 53 here now, BRRRR.... And I proceeded to go and dig a handful of clad in a couple of hours today with the E Trac. 19 pennies, 2 dimes, and 2 quarters. I have hunted this spot several times and went right back over it with my X 5 coil and was digging coins next to holes I had already dug in the past. Deepest coin was in the 8 range. Also got a railroad spike, 6 inch long 3/4 bolt and a crumpled can. All three of the junk had a coin in the same hole with them. I also found a spot that is loaded with pennies looks like I'm going to take my Babygirl to for her inaugural Compadre hunt. They are there I waved across them with the ET. :grin:

angellionel
01-12-2010, 06:18 PM
You are going to have Bruce going into withdrawal shock! lol

We need some warmer weather out this way to melt the snow and have the ground thaw out a bit before we again hit the parks. :bangahead01:

coinnut
01-12-2010, 11:25 PM
We hitting the woods this Saturday, rain or shine lol or snow :ticked: Glad you didn't freeze in that cold weather . 53, how did you ever survive? rofl I can't wait to hear how BG does on her maiden voyage :yes:

Snowy
01-12-2010, 11:49 PM
I was prepared to hit the ocean again tomorrow (Wednesday) but it appears it's gonna be mid 20s, max.... add the ocean breeze to that and I think it'll be a little too cold.

Waiting for spring, myself. Got a lead on a great park and been checking it out, then today just summed up another lead I had on another public park. Can't wait for the ground to thaw here!

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-13-2010, 08:39 AM
In your honor I put on some thick clothes, it's 53 here now, BRRRR.... And I proceeded to go and dig a handful of clad in a couple of hours today with the E Trac. 19 pennies, 2 dimes, and 2 quarters. I have hunted this spot several times and went right back over it with my X 5 coil and was digging coins next to holes I had already dug in the past. Deepest coin was in the 8 range. Also got a railroad spike, 6 inch long 3/4 bolt and a crumpled can. All three of the junk had a coin in the same hole with them. I also found a spot that is loaded with pennies looks like I'm going to take my Babygirl to for her inaugural Compadre hunt. They are there I waved across them with the ET. :grin:

i'd give anything for a 53 degree day right about now :crying02:

hoser
01-13-2010, 12:00 PM
53 degrees! Why I would be out there in shorts and a T-shirt and still sweatin. :twirlingeyes: lol Its supposed to get up into the thirties for the next week, but I doubt it will be enough to see bare ground here. :bangahead01: But I wish ya'll good luck on your hunts. ;) :yes:

del
01-13-2010, 02:15 PM
very nice Jack , it must of been nice just to get out huh , i wish you and BBG a great and memorable first hunt together .

Epi-hunter
01-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Glad you were able to get out Jack... 53 degrees is a heat wave even for here and now in Kentucky lol I hope your BG enjoys her first hunt with the Tesoro, let us know how it goes!

bmattioli
01-13-2010, 07:11 PM
You are going to have Bruce going into withdrawal shock! lol

We need some warmer weather out this way to melt the snow and have the ground thaw out a bit before we again hit the parks. :bangahead01:

I've been in deep withdrawls for weeks, just trying to stay busy and cursing at the weather.. What is the point of winter, really.. If we had 53 degree weather I'd be more happy, I'm pretty miserable right now.. Good luck with your hunt..

RickO
01-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Wow... 53 degrees,.... will not see that here for another two months. RickO

deltacornbread
01-16-2010, 09:56 AM
We have pretty much thawed out here. Some spots where the sun does not hit still froze. Am going out sometime this weekend for awhile.