PDA

View Full Version : Magics Program Adjustment

v3ikid
06-08-2011, 01:23 PM
I was explaining some changes i had made to Magics program on another thread and thought this was a better place for it. I had originally thought that his program called for the 7.5 band filter but after re reading his program that is what he called for. I must have changed that early on and after some time thought that it was an original setting for his program. I think my memory is going. lol

I won't discuss the RX, TX boost, Disc, or AM as they are within the peramaters of what his program calls for.

The only differences is that The way i run it is I accept everything, I wanted to start there before discriminating anything out. So far it's been just fine doing this. I will adjust it as i need to. Magic Rejects -95 to-89 and +95. It accepts -88 to +94.

Right now i have recovery delay at 60, i see to that this is within Magics peramaters This is one setting that i can see that depending on the amount of trash in the ground could be adjusted a lot, Which magic gives a great discription as when to do this.

My big difference is in the tones. I am really pleased with the 5 setting for the Negative numbers it is informative. Magic has like 15 different settings for tones. I did find that to be too busy for me but loved the way the machine was stable. This is the reason i stuck with it and just adjusted the tones to fit me. Looking down at these 2 Barber dimes makes me glad i did.

My tones are as follows I think in the other post i said i had it set with 3 tones but once again my memory was lagging. It has 4 tones with one tone being used in 2 blocks.

-95 to -1 = 5
0 to 16 = 100
+17 to +20 = 255
+21 to +58 = 200
+59 to +95 = 255

I have the nickel range set to a high tone just because i like digging nickels.
This is the Beauty of the V3i, you are not just stuck with something that you don't like about a program that would keep you from using it, or refusing to use it because something can't be changed. You can adjust most everything to you liking once you know what you like and what can be changed.

I agree with Magics comments that if you get a good high tone and turn 45 degrees and it starts ticking that gives you clues as to it being iron. But like he said it could be iron AND a good target, you will have to use your own judgement. From what i can tell if it;s a nail or iron when you turn 45 degrees the target usually pinpoints in a different spot. Sometimes another clue is that your frequency that's hitting the hardest will sometimes change when you turn 45 degrees. Once again though i COULD be 2 targets close together so you'll have to use your own judgement.

Anyway that is the set up. I think in the other post i said one of the tones was 50. Turns out it was 5. Once again that's what i get for trying to remember settings i've changed over time.

Magics program is very stable and for me is running very smooth. I can't wait to get to a less trashy area so i can mess with the RD and run it at 100 or so to see what depth i can get with it.