PDA

View Full Version : Angel why 5 or 9?

DAN03USMC
06-11-2011, 02:01 PM
hey Angel. I noticed on your programs post, you wrote you like to keep you noise cancel on 5 or 9. I am curious about this.

angellionel
06-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Hi Dan, sorry for the late reply, but I have been absent from the forum for most of the past several weeks.

My selecting those two particular noise cancel numbers is more of a personal preference, as I have found they work well at most of the sites I have been to where EMI may be a bit of a challenge. The truth is though that, for the most part, the difference between the channels tend to be quite nuanced.

The setting of 9 is more of a 'universal' one for me, the one I almost always have on at most sites. I also settled on 5 after detecting at once site early last year. The EMI had been a bit of a challenge, so I tried several of the channels before digging the targets. The machine had still been burping and crackling no matter what number I selected, but I did discern that I could make out the signals of the deeper targets slightly better while having noise cancel at 5, at least at that particular site.