PDA

View Full Version : Some snowy mountain pics

Snowy
01-12-2010, 08:20 PM
So yesterday at work we knew we had a long day of travel ahead of us for today.
We have one guy who always drives the truck (he loves it, and we're all good with that)...
The questions always is... Who's going with him?
Last night one of the other guys said he called shotgun. :(
We were going through the mountains and I really wanted to get out of the store for this one.
This morning the guy who called shotgun comes in and I told him I'd really like to head out for the day.
Good luck with that! he told me. I begged him, then I left it at that.
So, an hour later, the 4th guy comes in and asks who's going.
The guy who called shotgun said he was going to go, &quot:beerbuddy:ut Donna was battling me for it.
They let me go. WOOHOO!!!!!

The driver was happy because when I'm in the truck I tell him to pull over for photos.
He's always snapping shots with his cell phone when I do this.
I told him, though, if they ask if we took any pics, tell them No, we were working!
(They don't know I carry my camera... lol)

I took TONS of shots today, but I'll share about 15 of them. I took them all from the cab of the truck.
It wasn't the greatest day because of the low clouds on the mountain tops,
and I didn't have a lot of time to do anything with the pics so I resized them... but anyway... Enjoy!

Snowy
01-12-2010, 08:22 PM
More pics....

Snowy
01-12-2010, 08:25 PM
These last 2 pics are of the most frequented spot at Coos Canyon, a hot spot for gold panning on the Swift River. There's a campground right there.... I was in the truck on the little bridge (facing in.... the back of the truck was facing Route 17) and took a pic to the left and then to the right.

coinnut
01-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Nice shots Donna. Even though winter spoils my fun, I love the snow on the evergreens :) That's some house on the second picture down. It looks huge!! Glad you got a chance to work that hard lol. Thanks for the site seeing tour thumbsup01

Snowy
01-12-2010, 11:41 PM
lol

That blue house in the second pic..... I think it's an Inn... can't remember... lol

Anyone ever read the book: &quot:beerbuddy:enedict Arnold Slept Here ....?
Good comedy reading....

hoser
01-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Outstanding shots Donna. One of these days I'll be out there for good. thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
01-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Beautiful shots Donna. I concur with hoser thumbsup01 I would move there in a heartbeat.

del
01-13-2010, 02:28 PM
very beautiful countryside especially with all the white stuff and look actual mountains not reasonable facsimiles that people call mountains like here in Connecticut lol lol( i've not seen real mountains since leaving Arizona )

very nice of you sharing Donna

RickO
01-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Beautiful pictures Donna... Lived in Maine many years ago, brought back memories. RickO

Snowy
01-23-2010, 09:58 PM
I went to Rangeley again today and the sky was clear. I had to battle for shotgun, though. The Snowdeo was being held in Rangeley today and there were snowmobiles everywhere. It's an hour's drive one way and the new hotshot at work thought he was gonna go and drop of a plasma TV for a customer, but I switched the times and took off in the truck. Hey... if he wants these gravy runs he's gonna have to earn it around here. Bust butt a few times with us THEN you can get a ticket to the mountains an hour away.

I snapped a few pics. My Paint Shop Pro 8 doesn't like to work with Vista (I need a driver for it) so I cropped them up quick. I got kinda carried away with the scenery so I only snapped a couple pics. I also accidentally snapped a couple pics of myself in the truck, so I'll share those as well... just my weathered working look, I guess. At least you'll know what I look like so if any of us ever run into each other....

coinnut
01-23-2010, 10:32 PM
What a nice area... I didn't even feel cold sitting here watching it lol It makes work a lot nicer when you have that view. Hope that rain melts some snow for you two to go out and hunt.

Snowy
01-24-2010, 12:57 AM
I love that trip, coinnut. It's soothing.
Downtown Rangeley is kinda nuts on weekends in the winter.

John M
01-24-2010, 07:20 AM
Looks like you had a very tough day at work.Nice scenery and just imagine all the detecting spots tucked away in there.

Snowy
01-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Looks like you had a very tough day at work.Nice scenery and just imagine all the detecting spots tucked away in there.

Oh, you've NO idea....
Those are the Appalachian Mountains, so the Appalachian Trail is up there.
I've done some research. ;) LOTS of history.

Lowjiber
01-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Snowy,

Thanks for the great pictures!!! I've traveled through that country, but never in the snow season.

Snowy
01-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Imagine what's under the ski lifts there!

RickO
01-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Another great set of photographs... very nice... RickO