PDA

View Full Version : Three Hunts Includes Big Silver

Bell-Two
06-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Three Hunts-Two Parks & Old Farm

Here are some pictures and video of three hunts, first two with Diane last week and the third today with Paul as well. Diane found two Mercs in the park hunts while I was finding wheaties. Paul joined us today and we went out door knocking stopped by 4 old places and got 4 very polite no’s. Paul said he had a place we could probably hunt so we stopped by and were allowed. The house was built in 1813 so we had visions of seated and large cents….well visions are just that visions but nevertheless we did ok. I started off with a wheatie and then about two minutes later a first for me, a 1943 dated coin. Doug always kids me about the fact that I have not dug a 1943…that’s the year I was born…so you can figure my age from that…I know older than dirt! Paul was digging tokens 4 tokens for a place in Kentucky. We were not getting many targets, Diane got a piece of chain linkage and I got another wheatie a 1945-S a bit later I dug a Shell Gas token. Paul got a wheatie and poor Diane at this point, about three hours had not dug a coin as of yet. She was working around a tree and got a high tone, I was busy digging another shotgun shell…sound like Indians don’t they? She called me over and I could see a silver coin in the hole, not just any silver it was BIG silver a beautiful 1954 Franklin Half, a first for her.

Hunting With Bell-Two #49 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fw29wDZr9Y#ws)

MassDirtFisher
06-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Congrats on the token finds and nice Big Silver. Happy Hunting!!

PL8MAN
06-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Sweet finds , love the big BEN :beerbuddy:
Glen

jkress
06-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Great video B-T. :yes:
Love the Franklin :drool: they are definitely a nice looking
coin to see at the bottom of the hole.

Viking
06-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Nice Benjamin! It's funny, you really don't see those pop up much on these sites. :thinkingabout: Usually it's Barber halfs, Walking Liberty's, and an occasional Kennedy. I never see Eisenhower either. Fun to look at though. Good job! :clapping:

aloldstuff
06-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Congrats on the big silver. I'm still looking for one of those Benjamins.

RobW
06-13-2011, 09:25 AM
very nice finds, those ben's don't show themselves too often

mike l
06-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Nice big silver, love digging those half's.