PDA

View Full Version : KOSS headphone warranty...EPIC FAIL!!!!

cnr_dogs
06-12-2011, 10:36 AM
I sent a pair of Koss E Series headphones to Koss for repair one speaker quit working. I boxed carefully incl. a check for return shipping per istructions, waited 2 & 1/2 weeks and just got back my headphones >:# >{ The pair I sent had a gold plated 90 deg plug and inline volume control. They sent me a pair with a straight plug and no volume control. Maybe for some detectors with their own volume control this may be okay but with an MXT its gonna lead to bleeding eardrums. So I called Koss to explain to them the problem with their solution. They said we dont make those headphones anymore yet they are still offered by Whites. They said we will send you a separate volume control to plug into your detector and then plug the headphones into that. This may function in a home setting but on a detector in the field I see a huge opportunity for breakage or failure due to environmental contact. any advice would be appreciated give me your thought but if you deal with koss expect possible problems

coinnut
06-21-2011, 11:14 PM
My own personal experience with Koss is that I don't use Koss anymore lol Headphones are like pinpointers... are like shovels... are like metal detectors. Buy what is good quality and pay a bit more, and leave the aggravation to the next guy. lol Sorry you had to waste extra money on them. They should have apologized and sent you a BETTER pair, not something of lesser value. That is real bad business in a day when the internet can spread those kind of experiences :rolleyes:

cnr_dogs
06-22-2011, 07:54 AM
On a positive note I called Steve Howard at Whites he understood my dilema and too is digusted with Koss. He sent me a new pair of headphones I got them yesterday

angellionel
06-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Shame on Koss! \:hammer: As George noted, sending you a better pair, rather than an inferior one, would have been the right thing to do. That was certainly a bad decision on their part. Thankfully White's came through for you. thumbsup01

RobW
06-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Shame on Koss! \:hammer: As George noted, sending you a better pair, rather than an inferior one, would have been the right thing to do. That was certainly a bad decision on their part. Thankfully White's came through for you. thumbsup01

Nice to see you're still alive Angel! Been missing your inspirational posts lol

angellionel
06-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Nice to see you're still alive Angel! Been missing your inspirational posts lol

I'm still kicking. lol It's been a bad month for me, Rob. :-\ I have been out maybe twice on short hunts... found silver, but nothing out of the ordinary. It may be a long while before I can get in more detecting time. :huh:

RobW
06-24-2011, 08:03 AM
I'm still kicking. lol It's been a bad month for me, Rob. :-\ I have been out maybe twice on short hunts... found silver, but nothing out of the ordinary. It may be a long while before I can get in more detecting time. :huh:

:shocked04:...you find silver...... rofl...of course you did...you find silver like I find memorials rofl Don't tell me you're actually having to work lol