PDA

View Full Version : 2 Hour Hunt This Morning

fsa46
06-13-2011, 09:52 AM
http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n569/fsa46/003-1.jpg

I hunted a spot ( old home ) that has been hunted several times by other people but a first for me. After no action for the first hour in the yard, I headed back toward
the truck. I was working a 10' wide area between the road and a stone wall when I got a solid hit at 6 that
turned out to be a mens sterling ring. A few minutes later a small guilded locket. Then I hit the mother load on pennies. These were all found within a six foot radius
and from 2- 7 down....10 clad and 14 wheat. Not a great day by some standars but good enough for me. Headed home at 9:30 with a smile on my face.

aloldstuff
06-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Congrats on not giving up. You got silver and and a pile of wheats, a great day to say the least.

Viking
06-13-2011, 10:40 AM
I think that's a solid hunt. :clapping: I'd be happy, that's for sure! 14 wheats and no silver coins...that's stretching the standard wheat to silver ratio a bit. At least you scored the ring. It looks fairly beefy! :drool:

RobW
06-13-2011, 12:04 PM
That's a lot of wheaties :shocked04:

del
06-13-2011, 03:50 PM
thats a great couple of hours Frank :happydance01: :happydance01: how old is the dog license :huh:

mike l
06-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Nice wheat count and ring. Are you going to hit it again, I'm sure theres some silver lurking.

fsa46
06-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Nice wheat count and ring. Are you going to hit it again, I'm sure theres some silver lurking.

I hunted the same spot yesterday for five hours and only came up with 1 wheatie and 4 clad. The owner told me he has let several people hunt the area and they had found some nice coins. Anothe hour in the yard today is enough for me.However, I will go back this Fall and hit the area I found all the pennies today because I couldn't get to the wall because of all the growth. 24 pennies in a small area like that was great, but I couldn't believe there wasn't a single other coin in the lot.

Dan, That was a 1921 dog tag and came from a town about 25 miles from where I was hunting....not that it means anything.LOL

milco
06-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Interesting hunt, hope you pull some more wheats and silver on your next visit!

randy
06-15-2011, 05:27 AM
Congrats on getting that silver ring :cheering: With all those wheaties, there has got to be a few silver coins still hiding at that site..

jkress
06-15-2011, 11:35 PM
By my standards... a very good day. :clapping:
A bunch of wheats, a nice silver ring and an old dog tag. :yes:
It only takes about a half hour to figure out a property has been previously detected. crying01
But pulling some keepers from there is definitely rewarding to know you found some they missed.
Congrats fsa46!

fsa46
06-16-2011, 01:12 PM
By my standards... a very good day. :clapping:
A bunch of wheats, a nice silver ring and an old dog tag. :yes:
It only takes about a half hour to figure out a property has been previously detected. crying01
But pulling some keepers from there is definitely rewarding to know you found some they missed.
Congrats fsa46!

The yard was actually a bust , all the finds were found in a narrow area along the road headed back to where I parked the truck. ALL the pennies were found in a small area by a telephone pole and an opening in the wall.

Evidently the people that had MD the area before me was just concerned with the yard itself and never bothered with the road strip.

russellt
06-18-2011, 05:40 PM
:cheering: wow look at all the wheat .................... awseome

coinnut
06-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Wonder how they were lost? :confused: Maybe on a parade route? But they are all yours and that ring makes up for no silver in the yard. :clapping:

Ill Digger
06-19-2011, 10:10 PM
...and that ring makes up for no silver in the yard. :clapping:
:yes: thumbsup01 Heck yeah it does! :yes:
Thats waaay better than a silver Rosie :rolleyes: :yes:
Those parkway strips are little treasure chests! :yes: ;)
Nice hunt!
Congrats :grin: