PDA

View Full Version : Lost My Stuff--help locate lost items

Dimeman
06-15-2011, 11:56 AM
I signed up to a website that helps people that have lost items, contact metal detectorists that want to help find the items--for free-----no charge to the owner of the lost keepsake.

There is no cost to sign up, no cost to get leads for lost items and the website doesn't ask for donations.

We want to help people find their lost items for FREE--- no charge to them-----because it IS the right thing to do.

Besides it helps out the average persons view of the hobby. A few of the members have located items and then have gotten permission to search other areas that they found old coins at.

Anyone can sign up as a volunteer to help others find lost items------ from anywhere in the world. That's right----it's worldwide. There are members from all over the world.

The person who lost the item contacts the group website, and every one who has joined as a volunteer gets the information as to where and what was lost. Any member that is close to the area may contact the owner of the lost item to set up a time to search for the item.

There is no charge to the owner of the lost item. ( But if they insist on giving a reward it's the detectorists choice to accept or refuse)

Any item that is located, it would help if you can get a photo and short story of how you located the item and send it to the group email. Some owners have sent stories on how appreciative they are to have a group locate their lost items.

And most of us know how good it feels to return someones keepsake that they thought was lost forever.

No pressure to join -----but you might just get a lead in your area to find a lost item......or you could get a good lead to search for other items at a good spot. :)

Robbie

Here is the website link.
Please---Check it out.

http://www.lostmystuff.net/index.php

Thanks to Angel and Epi, for allowing me to post this thread. 8)

Dimeman
06-18-2011, 03:18 PM
In the last week over a dozen people have signed up as volunteers to help find lost items.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

russellt
06-18-2011, 05:03 PM
i signed up. thanks for the post . maybe i can help someone out

SeabeeRon
06-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the link! I am also on there, helps folks out without a fee!

coinnut
06-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Looks like a great idea and web site :clapping:

Dimeman
06-20-2011, 04:35 PM
There are lots of good people that belong to finders groups....but they are charging money for something that the Lost My Stuff Group does-----for FREE !!!!!!! And most of the groups only search in a small area.
Lost My Stuff has members all over the US, in England, Canada, and the Netherlands...........it's worldwide !!!!!

Check out some of the success stories of our members finding lost items. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

http://www.lostmystuff.net/success_stories.php

fogcity
02-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Everybody --

It's been a long, long time since I posted anything here so I wanted to give you all an update.

To put things mildly, the Lost My Stuff Group has grown a lot:

-- As of today we have over 950 members in 12 different countries.

-- Yahoo! Groups couldn't keep up with our email needs so we switched over to our own mail server and developed our own mail system. Our members can now select to receive reports of lost items from each individual country, state or region of the world they are interested in, or instead select to receive reports for items lost within a set distance to their home.

-- As we've grown we've added more features to our website. We've put up three different maps -- One shows the locations of our members, one shows the locations of the lost items that have been reported to us, and one shows both.

-- In the past 12 months we've received reports of 228 different lost items. We've had members near enough and available to search for 140 these (~60%), and of the ones we searched for we found about half (69). As more and more people join us, our stats continue to improve!!

-- We've been talked about in a few different newspapers in the USA, and we've been on the ABC News. In addition, an an article was published about us in the March 2012 Issue of Lost Treasure Magazine.

Anyways, that's a summary of how things are today.

All of you are invited to come check us out (and possibly join us!) at our website (http://www.lostmystuff.net/index.php) whenever you get a chance!!!

Regards,

fogcity

CODY
02-10-2012, 04:47 AM
Just signed up. Thanks for the link. Good idea.

fogcity
04-26-2014, 09:08 AM
Hey everybody --

It's April 2014 and here's an update on the Group.

As of today we have 2158 members in 19 countries and we've issued Lost Item Reports for 970 items. Of those, we've had members available to search for 563 items (58%), and 295 of those have been found (52%).

The Group continues to grow and I'm hoping we reach the 3000 member mark by the end of 2014!!!

Our Volunteers have found almost 300 lost items for people so far, check out our Success Stories at http://www.lostmytuff.net

All for now,

Fogcity

hunter12
04-27-2014, 09:56 AM
I just signed up.

tanacat
04-28-2014, 11:09 AM
Thanks Robbie! I look for lost items for locals through my local club/FB group. It feels good to help out! I'll check this site out :thumbsup02: