PDA

View Full Version : Coils for whites XLT

robbor
06-15-2011, 02:49 PM
I just inherited a whites XLT, i already have a goldmaster 4b and 3.
Im looking for information on additional coils for the XLT. I have seen mention that there were some aftermarket coils.
I was thinking of one of the 5.3 coils, seem to have good reviews for trashy areas, but was also thinking about a larger coil.
All i see avail now is the 15 blue max and the reviews seem mixed, epically for coins, also heard of an after market 12 was was supposed to be good but can find any info. thanks a ton rob.

del
06-16-2011, 01:17 PM
hello Robbor , there are some nice coils for the XLT and the 5.3 is a very good little shooter coil also whites makes a 4x6 double D coil for the same purpose . Jimmy sierra use to make a great hotshot 12 inch coil for the Xlt ( i use to have one years ago when i had an XLT) it was a very good coil as it was very light and had great coverage and was really sensitive for a large coil .

Dan

robbor
06-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Ive hear mixed reviews on the lil 4x6 shooter for the xlt, I do have one for my goldmaster though. Ill have to keep an eye out for one of the hotshot coils. thanks.
I even herd ther were some really small like 3 xlt coils.

del
06-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Ive hear mixed reviews on the lil 4x6 shooter for the xlt, I do have one for my goldmaster though. Ill have to keep an eye out for one of the hotshot coils. thanks.
I even herd ther were some really small like 3 xlt coils.

Robbor i'm not sure if Jimmy still makes coils for the xlt but you can usually find a few on ebay , also check out the butterfly type coils ( i'm not sure who makes them though) i have heard good things about these type of coils .

Dan

robbor
06-16-2011, 02:31 PM
If they are the coils im thinking of they are made for kelleyco and sold by them i did not see any for the XLT.
I have seen a hotshot in past on ebay when i only had my goldmasters.

Vito
06-16-2011, 04:13 PM
A few years ago there were some 10 and 14 DD's for the 6kHz range detectors from whites. One of the 10&quot:grin:cheesysmile:'s is still left in the basement and sorry, it's not for sale. :cool:

robbor
06-16-2011, 04:50 PM
How do they work on coins:huh: and who were the coils made by/sold by:huh:

BOWSER
06-16-2011, 07:08 PM
thanks vito i have the 14 on right now.

Vito
06-18-2011, 01:27 AM
How do they work on coins:huh: and who were the coils made by/sold by:huh:

Now, as every DD and depending on this footprint it is very sensitive to small items and separation is very good, even if targets are nearby.
These coils were manufactured by Mr. Plamen Rashkov in Bulgaria. One of the brothers who build &quot:grin:etech. But a while back they had some odds. :blush: :crying02: 8/
In this times they're very rare to get. May be on flea bay??

thanks vito i have the 14 on right now.

It was a pleasure to help, Sir.

coinnut
06-19-2011, 05:30 PM
If they are the coils im thinking of they are made for kelleyco and sold by them i did not see any for the XLT.
I have seen a hotshot in past on ebay when i only had my goldmasters.

SEF (Detech) coils are really nice, stable, and sensitive coils. You can try E BAY and put in SEF metal detecting coil in the search section. I know one guy was selling them and said if you win the auction, you could pick which brand you wanted the coil for. I remember White's being listed. But you have to make sure it fits the XLT specifically.