PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Southern New Hampshire

bob_e99
06-16-2011, 12:18 PM
After posting a couple of times, I realized that I should have started here. I got into detecting not too long ago after my son (Z118) bought himself a new detector and let me borrow his ‘old’ Sovereign GT. Searching for small change really never got me thrilled enough to get into detecting but I’m finding that detecting in strange places like cellar holes and forgotten fields has started the urge to detect to get stronger. I still consider myself a real newbie and need to learn a lot. Better understanding of the signal, better targeting, better digging techniques and finding better places. After looking at this site, I think I may be really late starting. It looks like you guys have already found the good stuff.

Thanks

Bob

Relic Whisperer
06-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Welcome Bob, glad to have you aboard. I've only been on this forum a few months myself, but have already found this group of detectorists to be a great bunch. Extreemly knowledgable and helpful. It's never too late to start detecting so jump right in and have fun. As for all the good stuff being found already, that is only true until the next great find which certainly could be yours!! Enjoy and again welcome aboard.

bob_e99
06-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Thank you Stan. Much appreciate your kind words and best of luck to you too.

Bob

del
06-16-2011, 02:15 PM
hey Bob , welcome to the forum ( its official now ;) lol lol ) . NH is a great historic area for cellar hole detecting i've seen some great items and coins found it that state , glad to have you with us . don't worry theres plenty of goodies still left find .

Dan

aloldstuff
06-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Welcome Bob, glad to have you here. You're bound to find some great stuff in NH, but be forewarned, this hobby is addicting. Very knowledgeable detectorist on board here and they don't mind sharing their expertise. If you own golf clubs..sell them, if you own fishing gear...sell it....it's a whole new world for you now.

coinnut
06-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Hey Bob, welcome aboard from western MA. :clapping: There is lots to find as you can see here. Even places thought to be hunted out still give up a relic or two. Never underestimate your own neighborhood. It may be loaded with coins and relics. If you have a hunch, follow it no matter what anyone else thinks lol

Jeff (or)
06-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Welcome!! It's a great hobby no matter when you start. Hope you make a lot of great finds this summer! 8) :beerbuddy:

jkress
06-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the fun bob. :clapping:
Love that Barber dime you posted recently. She's a beauty.

Better understanding of the signal, better targeting, better digging techniques and finding better places.

Me too... the eternal quest. :yes: I'm a late starter too. Just coming up on my 2 year anniversary of detecting. Sure, plenty of stuff
has already been found... but there is more that enough left for us to find.
Looking forward to your posts.

Ill Digger
06-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois :grin:
You've found yourself a great hobby and an even better forum !!
Enjoy both and don't forget.....we love pictures! :loveit: lol :yes: thumbsup01

russellt
06-18-2011, 04:59 PM
every body on this forum was a newbie at one time .. come on in and have a seat

BrunswickMd
07-08-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm only a few weeks in and I'm with you - Im not interested in looking for clad and such - what early on is getting me excited is what the heck is that? (I won't mind silver or old copper of coarse).

pastorals
07-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Relics, coins, silver or copper...it is all good, but what is even better is getting out and anticipating that nextbeep! :peace:

Mudder
07-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Bob, the beep is really what counts, believe another newbie there is still plenty of good stuff out there. While am at it, I lived for years in Boston, and I didn't know there was any southern in New Hampshire :twirlingeyes:.
Welcome aboard
Phil

BOWSER
07-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Bob, the beep is really what counts, believe another newbie there is still plenty of good stuff out there. While am at it, I lived for years in Boston, and I didn't know there was any southern in New Hampshire :twirlingeyes: .
Welcome aboard
Phil lot's of MA. disgrunteld move to NH, you drove too far.