PDA

View Full Version : Hunts Sunday & Monday

Bell-Two
06-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Hunts On June 12th & June 13th

Doug, Diane and I got out on Sunday afternoon, for a couple of hours we met at a park where we have talked about detecting the old sledding hill, after finding nothing but clad we decided to try another place that has given up some keepers in the past. Doug scored a very nice 1916 Barber Dime within the first ten minutes, it was amazing you would have had to hear how “crappy” this signal was but there was just enough of a high tone to make it interesting so he dug it. And he was rewarded with the Barber dime. That is what makes him such a good detectorist he seems to have the knack of being able to squeak out those good signals in all the garbage. Later on he got a Buffalo that turned out to be a 1927. Diane and I just got clad and I got a Milk Bone dog tag that was interesting. Monday Diane and I took advantage of a nice morning and went to an area that used to be a park back in the 1800’s we spent most of the morning digging deep copper memorials which was disappointing. A little later on I got a very nice 1946 Jefferson Nickel it was so clean I at first thought it was going to be a war nickel because I could see the 194 and the rest was covered in dirt but alas it was not. About twenty minutes later I got a rather crummy signal but taking a lesson from Doug I heard just enough of a high tone to make it diggable. Under a root near a very large tree out popped a 1957 Rosey. Later on I made a very nice eyeball find, a Kershaw Speedsafe knife. Checking the website I see that this model sells for $58.99 so not a bad find at all.

Hunting With Bell-Two #50 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9DoGYchv30#ws)

aloldstuff
06-17-2011, 07:06 AM
Sounds like a couple of good hunts. Congrats on the rosie.

del
06-17-2011, 01:25 PM
congrats on the rosie and Kershaw knife :cheering: :cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
06-17-2011, 01:38 PM
At least SOMEBODY is still finding some silver! thumbsup01 Congrats to you and your hunting partners on the decent finds!

It has been too hot and dry to hunt here lately. Sadly, it may be fall before I'm able to hunt again.

zrickkid
06-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Nice job.

russellt
06-18-2011, 05:36 PM
thats the way to swing it :clapping:

coinnut
06-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Nice couple of finds, especially the knife thumbsup01 It always pays to dig them iffy targets lol I do it all the time, but sometimes I just get iron :rolleyes: It's really nice to just go detecting and dig some holes :clapping:

Ill Digger
06-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Another interesting hunt guys!!
Love the Barber Doug found! thumbsup01
Thats a nice knife too! Kershaws aren't cheep :yes: thumbsup01
Nice finds!
Congrats :grin:

Epi-hunter
06-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Very nice finds!! Congratulations :happydance01: