PDA

View Full Version : silver and indian

randy
06-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Last year I got permission to hunt some private land, but only for the month of August. This winter, I send them (as I do all sites for which I get permission), a thank you note and a small gift (in this case, a copy of a book I wrote). Yesterday, I was shocked to see in my e-mail a note thanking me for the book and carte blance permission to hunt the site again thru this summer. <:

Since I was just learning the E-Trac last summer, I figured I'd get back on this site and see what I've missed. Managed to pull a couple of silver dimes and a 1903 indian. happydance02 The indian is a big deal to me, as I am indian challenged lol I've pulled 3 spanish silvers, 3 half cents, 2 flying eagles, and before today, only 3 indians. :crazy: :crazy: Some coins just don't like me, but I was happy to see this one, as it appears to be in decent shape and should clean up well.

Its a huge site, and it may keep me busy for a good part of the summer. As and added bonus, there's an old mansion on the site, and there was a backhoe there today scaping off the top 6 inches of dirt to make a new walkway <: <: <: Its a small section of dirt, but with any luck I'll be able to score a big time keeper from that section, we'll see.

Thanks for looking and HH.

MassDirtFisher
06-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Well That payed off. Congrats on the Indian and silvers. There has got to me lots more there. Pound it good. Have fun, Happy Hunting!!

steve in so az
06-17-2011, 06:28 PM
That sure sounds like a great site. And good going on the thank yous. The coins cleaned up well, Steve in so az

del
06-17-2011, 07:51 PM
very nice Randy , are you a famous author ? whats the name of your book??
don't feel insecure about you indian totals , mine is really pathetic this year. lol lol

Dan

randy
06-17-2011, 08:33 PM
very nice Randy , are you a famous author ? whats the name of your book??
don't feel insecure about you indian totals , mine is really pathetic this year. lol lol

Dan

Stephen King look out lol Actually, I wrote a small book on the hobby of letterboxing, which is more along the lines of simulated treasure hunting, rather than the the real thing --

mike l
06-17-2011, 09:30 PM
In my 2 years of detecting I haven't found a single Indian, but I have a jar full of wheats :thinkingabout:. Nice Indian and silver, and congrats on the open invitation to a great site thumbsup01

fsa46
06-18-2011, 05:14 AM
Sounds like a fun Summer ahead. Let's us know how you make out in the driveway.

zrickkid
06-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Good luck there. :angelic: :clapping:

russellt
06-18-2011, 05:30 PM
thats awesome .... some very good finds indeed

aloldstuff
06-20-2011, 10:37 AM
an act of kindness resulted in a month of detecting. Go get them indians

wingmaster
06-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Congrats on the silver and IH.

coinnut
06-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Nice finds and I hope that scraped dirt turned up something for you :)

Epi-hunter
06-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Nice finds, and congratulations on the book!!! :yes: