PDA

View Full Version : Southern New Hampshire/Eastern Massachusetts

bob_e99
06-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Would any one in this area like to get together for a hunt? I'm fairly new at this but getting better. Unfortunately, I don't know of any potential areas as most of the sites I planned to detect didn't allow it.

Thanks

Bob

coinnut
06-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Hey Bob, Google UNH topo maps and hopefully you should see the University of New Hampshire web site. There are plenty of old maps on there that would give you some ideas on hunting. But I would definitely ask permission on private property, since there are a lot of well protected individuals living there lol Welcome aboard!!

bob_e99
06-21-2011, 05:43 AM
Coinnut,

Thanks for a really great idea. I had been looking at old photos in the library to get some ideas of where old property use to exist but had to go to each town library. The amazing thing about New England is that at one point in time, most of it was farmland. Just look at all the rock walls found in the woods. The only 'bad' part is that it means digging through a lot of roots as most of that land is now woods and what's not woods, is usually paved over or private property.

In any case, thanks again.

Bob