PDA

View Full Version : Silver x5, Gold, 34 Wheats

z118
06-18-2011, 03:49 PM
I am pretty tired right now and still doing the dance from this morning's hunt! <:

I was up before dawn intent on hitting the construction zone in a nearby park. They have scraped the top layer of soil in an area alongside a road at the edge of the park. I had a great day... one of my best ever! I wound up with 86 coins total, which includes 34 wheats, two Canadian pennies from the 40's, three Mercs, a silver Rosie, and a silver Washington quarter, PLUS a nice 10k ring with a green stone.

I hunted for about 4 hours total and covered most of the scraped area. The E-trac does not run well in this park. I can pretty much only run in auto, otherwise the falsing is more than I can deal with. Signals are pretty messy here - wheats a few inches down would give short, broken signals and oftentimes only in one direction. I'm beginning to wonder what's in the rest of this park if I have been able to pull this stuff from just a small area. But I also wonder how I would go about finding any of it given the conditions. I may give the grass a try outside the construction area tomorrow. Rest assured I'll be there again first thing in the morning, though I have little hope of repeating a day like today!

EDIT - the scratch in the Merc is not from me, though I did ding several of the wheats- the wonky signals and packed dirt and gravel made for some tough pinpointing and digging. Oddly the wheats from this spot come out in better shape than most I dig while the silver comes out in worse shape with an odd light grey tarnish. The button reads &quot:beerbuddy:uffalo City Police and the lion item is a junk ring. The 34 wheats is the most I've ever dug in one hunt.

fsa46
06-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Outstanding ! :clapping:

MassDirtFisher
06-18-2011, 04:57 PM
I second that... :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:

Great hunt, Congrats!!! Happy Hunting!!

russellt
06-18-2011, 05:15 PM
wow what hunt .. thats super.

bob_e99
06-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Yes, great hunt. When I'm with him, he let's me find some of the pennies which is why I'm so good at that.

:teasing:

Bob

randy
06-18-2011, 06:23 PM
We knew the silver would start flying out of that site, way to keep at it <: <:. And keep pounding it til it runs dry, there's more there for sure. Oh, and BTW, nice ring lol

del
06-18-2011, 07:30 PM
:shocked04: great day Z silver in quantity many wheats and some nice looking gold :smitten: . your machine may be experiencing falsing from the disturbed soil , from what Coinnut and a few others say the e-trac has a tough time processing targets from disturbed soil conditions . i wish i could elaborate more on the subject , hopefully George or someone else with the-trac can explain better and maybe give you some advice to better cope with it .

Dan

jkress
06-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Man that's a nice hunt Z! Lots of great keepers.
Sure wish they would scrape 5 inches off one of the parks I hunt. So, so many pull tabs.
Do you have a smaller coil? Maybe a small one would help with all the trash. I've been running
a 5 inch lately and have been very impressed with the results.
Scratches happen from time to time, but when you are in heavy trash the pinpoint can be tough. Add gravel to the mix
and it is a wonder a coin can come out undamaged at all.
Congrats on all that silver. :peace:

Cheap Thrills
06-18-2011, 11:53 PM
It appears silver is indeed possible . :clapping:

milco
06-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Big congrats to you on a fine hunt! Good eye on spotting that construction project, gotta love that! I hope you find some more goodies before its all said and done!

coinnut
06-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Nice silver and gold score :perfect10: :peace: :peace: ET doesn't like disturbed ground very much lol but I have found that a 5 coil (if you have one) and TTF works best. I also still like manual sensitivity at these sites, since I like as much sensitivity as I can get, so I just adjust my thinking on what is a good sounding target. In other words, anything that beeps that doesn't remotely sound like an iron hit, I dig it :yes: After a while you get used to the new parameters for what is a good target vs a bad target. Those are some real nice finds Z. :clapping: |:confused:)

Viking
06-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Great finds! I can relate to your style of hunting from reading your previous posts, so I know how much a banner day with silvers means to you! Awesome! Hope you get some more! :perfect10:

aloldstuff
06-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Gold, silver and a pile of wheats, WTG

wingmaster
06-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Congrats on all the silver and the gold.