PDA

View Full Version : WOO HOO!!! First CW PLATE!!!!

sniffy
06-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Today was a beautiful Saturday. I did all my chores, mowed, cleaned, washed and waxed the car....ran some errands...ect.ect. SO after all the work and business was done, I had the remainder of the day for detecting. Where to go, where to go......Quite awhile ago an acquaintance spoke of an old foundation behind a newer home on a back road...he had been hunting these woods for quite awhile but said that the foundation was on private land. I never got a chance to investigate the tip off until today. I found the foundation on the map and plopped a coordinance on the closest house. BINGO! A younger couple answered the door and gave me the thumbs up....but warned me of poison ivy and ticks rofl rofl.....I find the foundation with ease. Immediately signals were popping everywhere....I swear I couldn't walk 2 ft without getting a repeatable signal. Alot of nice bottles laying on the surface, and large pieces of crock. I just had a awesome feeling about this place....the very first keeper signal was the 1855 Large Cent...I was amped. So in the few hours there I dug a nice haul of keepers but an ENORMOUS amount of 1800's trash. SO after my bug spray started to wear off I decided to do another lap and call it in.....On the way back to the opening in the woods I got a very solid signal.....4-6 inches.....I dig my plug...flip it over...and US is just staring at me with a hug smirk on it's face....MY FIRST PLATE!!! I sat in that very spot for a good 15 minutes in a stupor. I don't have many Civil War relics and I might as well start big. Thanks for lookin folks.

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-18-2011, 07:38 PM
holy moly! thats gorgeous Jess congrats!

MassDirtFisher
06-18-2011, 07:42 PM
:omg: That is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats on all your cool finds, But that is simply amazing!! Happy Hunting!!

BOWSER
06-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Congrats great finds keep goin back till you get it all. :clapping:

steve in so az
06-18-2011, 08:14 PM
What a great reward for you. And in great shape. You have one more than me so far :) Must be more goodies waiting, Steve in so az

del
06-18-2011, 08:27 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:

:omg:

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/gifs/wow_tongue.gif
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/gifs/dancing1.gif

that thing is spectacular Jesse , one of the best i've seen in awhile man !
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

mega- congrats

mike l
06-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Looks like you're the first to detect it. Awesome finds :perfect10:

zrickkid
06-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Man thats a beauty!!! :envious:

sniffy
06-18-2011, 09:22 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:

:omg:

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/gifs/wow_tongue.gif
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/gifs/dancing1.gif

that thing is spectacular Jesse , one of the best i've seen in awhile man !
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

mega- congrats
Thanks alot Dan....I am still in shock...the new center piece for my collection!

sniffy
06-18-2011, 09:23 PM
holy moly! thats gorgeous Jess congrats!
Thanks Dave!

sniffy
06-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks for all the replies!

:cheesysmile:

del
06-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks alot Dan....I am still in shock...the new center piece for my collection!

a very well deserved place for such a nice piece Jesse .it looks like a right handed single hook and tongue variety . sweet plate :loveit:
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/gifs/spongebobthumbsup.jpg

i wanna see it once you get done with the display

jkress
06-18-2011, 10:20 PM
<: <: <:

and then... |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:)

Ah man it's a beauty. Awesome post, like I was there watching you dig it up.
That is exciting. A huge congrats, pat on the back and atta boy to you.

Full Metal Digger
06-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Very nice finds! You must have HUGE hands. That large cent looks like its the size of a dime in your hand!

sniffy
06-19-2011, 04:29 AM
a very well deserved place for such a nice piece Jesse .it looks like a right handed single hook and tongue variety . sweet plate :loveit:
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/gifs/spongebobthumbsup.jpg

i wanna see it once you get done with the display
I would love to show ya. If we could ever all get together for another hunt.!!!!! :dontknow:

sniffy
06-19-2011, 04:30 AM
<: <: <:

and then... |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:)

Ah man it's a beauty. Awesome post, like I was there watching you dig it up.
That is exciting. A huge congrats, pat on the back and atta boy to you.
WHy thank ya sir!

coinnut
06-19-2011, 02:06 PM
:dontknow: :dontknow: I'm still waiting for the part that says, And then I woke up rofl Nice hunt Jesse |:confused:) |:confused:) What a beauty and I'm sure you must have looked pretty cool sitting there in the woods staring at it until your dazed look wore off lol Great finds man!! :clapping:

sniffy
06-20-2011, 04:14 AM
:dontknow: :dontknow: I'm still waiting for the part that says, And then I woke up rofl Nice hunt Jesse |:confused:) |:confused:) What a beauty and I'm sure you must have looked pretty cool sitting there in the woods staring at it until your dazed look wore off lol Great finds man!! :clapping:
hahah....I'm pretty sure I looked un-well just staring into my palm.

CyberSage
06-20-2011, 07:18 AM
Oh Man! What a great hunt. This is just incredible! |:confused:) I would say that you have an area to hunt in for awhile with finds like this on the first trip there is bound to be more. Thanks for sharing sniffy

milco
06-20-2011, 07:23 AM
Congrats on some incredible finds, and to think it's just the beginning of a new site, awesome!

aloldstuff
06-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Absolutly loved this post, that CW plate is fantastic. Looking at all the other finds you have a definate hot spot there. Congrats and I can see why that plate is now the center piece of your collection.

tanacat
07-01-2011, 05:48 PM
I absolutely love your post too... :clapping: :happydance01: happydance02 the first pic of your group finds is award-winning fantastic thumbsup01 What a great hunt!!! My heart was racing along with you & felt your excitement as you told your story :yes:

I found a US belt plate (first and only) a few months ago and had the same experience- US was staring me right in the face and it seemed minutes passed as I blinked in disbelief too :shocked01:

Congrats again!!!

Civil War Nut
07-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Very nice find S. Keep going .

Mudder
07-13-2011, 05:33 AM
Great find Jeff, looks almost as good as the day they kicked it out of the mold. You are very lucky.