PDA

View Full Version : dusted off a pair of these

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-13-2010, 07:29 PM
i had these on my shelf in my bedroom.i got them while cleaning out a basement.a pair of heavy aluminum bookends.reads TICONDEROGA 1775 on front.both are stamped on the back Ethan Allen any idea how old these are ?and any value?
i dusted em off and propped my last large cent of 2009 up on his shoulders.yeah can ya tell i'm bored :confused: :crazy:

coinnut
01-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Boy you are bored lol The guys in the white coats commin soon?? :crazy: Never seen them bookends before. Did you Google them by any chance:huh: Try E bay too, you will be amazed what is for sale there. But Aluminum before 1900's is rare. I bet they are from the 1980's or up.

del
01-14-2010, 03:31 AM
oh no , Dave its starting to set in isn't it :rolleyes: next you'll be dressing them up in paper clothes and playing dolly's . lol lol yup a classic case of cabin fever my friend , get some help quick . lol lol

as for the cast aluminum bookends they scream of 1970's

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-14-2010, 09:09 AM
oh no , Dave its starting to set in isn't it :rolleyes: next you'll be dressing them up in paper clothes and playing dolly's . lol lol yup a classic case of cabin fever my friend , get some help quick . lol lol

as for the cast aluminum bookends they scream of 1970's

rofl looks around for hidden camera :shocked04: hides paper clothes in drawer quickly.damn dan ya caught me! :rolleyes:
i know they are not that old george but i couldn't find any record of these being sold on the ethan allen website or e-bay so,was just curious if they may be worth something (because of the name and being out of production) besides aluminum scrap prices lol not that i'd scrap em of course

hoser
01-14-2010, 09:49 AM
They are pretty cool. I can't believe there isn't something on the EA site that would lead you to these. :-\ I have lots of time on my hands right now so I'll see if I can find something. ;)

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-14-2010, 10:12 AM
They are pretty cool. I can't believe there isn't something on the EA site that would lead you to these. :-\ I have lots of time on my hands right now so I'll see if I can find something. ;)

ok cool! thanks!

bmattioli
01-14-2010, 07:43 PM

Ya, this is what happens during cabin fever.. It drove me to playing with my Dolls..

coinnut
01-14-2010, 08:33 PM
But at least they are tough dolls lol No Ken there :bop:

del
01-14-2010, 08:34 PM
their not dolls , their action figures ;)

ok Bruce your scaring me man lol lol

tomorro will be in the 40's get out of the house will ya :poke: :poke:

Krom
01-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Whatever you call 'em, Dan... it's a guy thing, right?... so don't poke fun with that stick (well, unless you grew up playin' with something else. Then, you have every right. ;)). rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-15-2010, 08:11 AM
Ya, this is what happens during cabin fever.. It drove me to playing with my Dolls..

lol whew! i don't feel so bad now.

RickO
01-15-2010, 02:40 PM
rofl You guys are killin' me.... cabin fever for sure. RickO

Krom
01-17-2010, 12:36 AM
Set's in deep, don't it, Rick? lol
If it wasn't for the occasional (once or twice a month) 2 hour drives to the ocean (and the Cabin Fever Meet we have comin' up on the 6th of Feb.), I'd be makin' a lot more rad posts than I am, I'll tell ya. :twirlingeyes: