PDA

View Full Version : Bit More Silver & Pompeian Bloom

z118
06-19-2011, 11:33 AM
I got out not quite so early this morning and headed back to the park where I had one of my best hunts ever on Saturday. I was not expecting a repeat, but I knew there must be some more goodies to be had. I did not hunt long, but still wound up with a handful of coins and among them were four more wheat pennies and a '52 Rosie. I ventured out of the construction zone and into the grass for a bit just to see what the conditions where like. They were not too bad and I managed to find a bit of clad and a very deep Pompeian Bloom compact. From a bit of reading on the web I am guessing this compact is close to 100 years old. Oddly enough, I pried it open just a enough to see a distinctly pink substance inside - the original makeup I would assume.

Anyway, happy hunting and happy father's day!

MassDirtFisher
06-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Congrats on the Silver. Happy Hunting!!

coinnut
06-19-2011, 05:48 PM
You are getting some old coins from there as is expected when they remove the top layer of junk for you lol I have found many compacts and most of them still have the powder in them. What's really wierd is they still have the perfume scent that smells like it was just made :confused: Lots of lipstick cases still have their contents in them too. Makes you wonder what is in that stuff :shocked01:

aloldstuff
06-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Great job, betting that there is still more waiting for you. Congrats

wingmaster
06-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Congrats on the rosie.