PDA

View Full Version : Colonial Hunt on Saturday

coinnut
06-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Went out early Saturday for a nice relic hunt. The weather was :daydream: Ended up with a Nice 1843 Large cent and an 1864 (uncleaned yet) 2 cent piece. Lots of buttons, lead, stuff, and I even found a head lamp that I didn't lose in the first place lol Was a great day out and I even had some detecting company, but I don't believe he is talking about it :thinkingabout: ;) lol

MassDirtFisher
06-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Congrats on getting out and scoring many nice finds. Like the Large cent. Happy Hunting!!

randy
06-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Wow, that is a beautiful LC :perfect10: Congrats :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-19-2011, 05:22 PM
nice day out in my book! congrats on another coppa! thumbsup01

sniffy
06-19-2011, 07:00 PM
lookin good!! :->

CTDirtFisher
06-19-2011, 07:14 PM
2 center and a nice nice coppah! Thats a great day in my book!

Grads George!

coinnut
06-19-2011, 07:18 PM
2 center and a nice nice coppah! Thats a great day in my book!

Thanks Paul. I was trying to find some way of getting a bit more from ET and it made me very happy to see this copper come out of the solid null. I have been over this cellar hole lip at least 4 or 5 times before :embarrassed: Couldn't believe it was a copper at 4. :dontknow:

del
06-19-2011, 07:58 PM
very nice copper :smitten: , i agree it was one of the last ones dropped at that site and sitting so close to the cellar foundation it had great drainage so it kept well. you gotta clean up that two cent piece as i suspect it being in very nice shape too. very nice day George .

coinnut
06-19-2011, 08:17 PM
very nice copper :smitten:

you gotta clean up that two cent piece as i suspect it being in very nice shape too.

I was :girlcry: when that guy looked it over and started rubbing it real hard so he could see it lol

One of the kids is bringing down a very small artists air brush compressor for me to try on the little sandblaster unit I bought for cleaning finds :happydance01: So that 2 cent piece may even get cleaned before Christmas rofl

RobW
06-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Thems sum great finds there George! :clapping:

bob_e99
06-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Nice finds. It's great to have days like that.

I really like those old coins. Maybe it's just me but they seem to have more character than today's designs.

I have gotta start finding more of those.

aloldstuff
06-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Real nice George, that LC looks well kept. Do we really have to wait till xmas for the 2 center

coinnut
06-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Do we really have to wait till xmas for the 2 center

:dontknow: probably lol

zrickkid
06-28-2011, 10:07 PM
That large cent is a sweet find as is the 2 center. Keep digging that place there could be more! :angelic:

milco
06-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Nice LC and I'll check back in Jan to see the 2 center!

Civil War Nut
06-29-2011, 12:11 AM
Nice finds Cnut. Good luck on the next hunt , and watch out for the sneky-snakes . Been too hot for me in this miss. valley . All I been doing is putting my small stuff in cases . Have fun and the best of luck to you .

coinnut
06-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks everyone! thumbsup01

Nice finds Cnut. Good luck on the next hunt , and watch out for the sneky-snakes . Been too hot for me in this miss. valley . All I been doing is putting my small stuff in cases . Have fun and the best of luck to you .

Thanks CWN. Lots of places seem to be in a heat wave. I can handle the heat pretty good, but can't handle the rock hard dirt lol Hope it eases up for you soon.

Nice LC and I'll check back in Jan to see the 2 center!

lol I'm one adapter away from using the unit. So it may be in October rofl

jkress
06-30-2011, 01:38 AM
Great pile 'o fun pictured here!
Glad you had a great day out there last week. When the weather blesses with a nice day... it is all the sweeter.
I just love all of the LC's you east coast folks rescue from the ground. :smitten:
The one you found here is a beautiful example.
It would make my season to find one just like that. :daydream:
Congrats on an enjoyable and most definitely rewarding hunt.