PDA

View Full Version : A rant....

Jason in Enid
01-13-2010, 10:51 PM
I am so bummed. After weeks of bitter cold temps, high winds and snow, the temp has finally climbed a bit. I got out for about 3 hours today to enjoy the warm-up. You may remember my last hunt was at a swimming pool going back to the 1920s. It was a very short hunt, which resulted in a handful of surface dimes, 3 wheaties, and a merc. Very little trash in that hunt.

Fast forward to today. My site went all jekyll and hyde on me. The rest of the grounds were LOADED with iron trash. Large areas completely nulled out. The rest, nothing but clad. surface clad. I felt like I was at a tot-lot. It must cost 10 cents to get in because I dug dimes by the dozen here, along with memorials and a handful of quarters. But that was it. Nothing more than 2 inches deep, nothing old, no silver. My honeyhole turned to vinegar. I am so torn. It's out of town, so it takes about 30 minutes to get there. I pulled 4 wheats and that merc, so I want to go back and keep hitting it. I hate giving up on a place. But I think I will put it in my folder of places. Too many old places right here in town I can hunt with much less driving time.

del
01-14-2010, 07:34 AM
Jason thats how this crazy hobby can be at times , you had a good day there the first time and the next 3 trips could be awful then you hit ten silver coins the very next time you go . :crazy: i've seen it happen before . i've felt like that before my friend :bangahead01: :bangahead01:, try not to get discouraged .

hoser
01-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Boy Jason I wouldn't give up on the place. I have hunted areas like that and thought to myself , this is it, this is the last time I'm gonna hunt here and for some reason I go back and BOOM! I find a silver or two. :huh: :crazy: If you found one, you WILL find more. :yes:

angellionel
01-14-2010, 09:45 AM
I have had similar days, Jason. I'm sure most of us have at one time or another. I tend to take a long breather from such sites and then return after a while with renewed energy for another crack at them. :) I need to have my first cup of DD before doing so though, or I'll start to mumble. lol

coinnut
01-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Jason, I've been in that same boat and have dumped some sites only to go back when I was desperate for somewhere to hunt lol If you have some good sites locally, go there first. But in the back of your mind remember that one. In those iron infested areas, it takes a lot of patience and very very VERY, slow going to sneak out the deep stuff. Maybe you can hit one of your other sites that is closer to that one, and then drive to it for a while. That way you are getting 2 hunts in. If one fails the other may produce :yes:

RickO
01-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Do not get discouraged. Many sites I have hunted in the past had bad days and good days. Now, cache hunting, most days are bad days... lol But I still will get out there and swing the thing. RickO

leslie(nova scotia)
01-18-2010, 12:37 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....and a good rant she be youz!