PDA

View Full Version : Spooky Sight When I Got Hone At 3AM!

MartinL
06-20-2011, 03:45 PM
I got home in the wee hours of the morning last night, hit the refrigerator for a drink and when I rounded the corned to the LR, there was a very young possum near my cat's dish, frozen in it's tracks staring at me. I wondered why the cat was laying under the dining table like it was, that was odd in itself, but hey, cats do unusual things. It and I froze in our tracks, the cat approached the possum as it took off, and off it trotted to my back door(which I wanted to herd him out of anyway.) That scamp squeezed out through a small rusted out area at the corner of the steel door, a spot I've lived with and worried a little about mice and snakes, but I never thought there was ever going to be a mammal to fit through that tiny space. It was quite the shock on that critter's face when we locked looks upon one another! How the heck it squeezed through that small spot still has me shocked. It was hardly under the size of my cat! martin

del
06-20-2011, 03:55 PM
some guard cat you have lol lol lol just be thankful it wasn't a skunk instead :shocked04: lol lol

coinnut
06-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Must be they are skin and bones and a big hairdo rofl It would have been worse if he looked at you and just kept eating :shocked01:

aloldstuff
06-21-2011, 01:26 PM
So it fit thru the rusted out portion of the door, good thing it didn't eat to much or it might not have fit back out the door.

Cheap Thrills
06-21-2011, 04:12 PM
I think I would fix or replace the door . :thinkingabout:

MartinL
06-21-2011, 04:35 PM
It has a temporary fix now. Cost of replacing that thing isn't in the houshold budget quite yet. From what I hear, it will cost the door frame as well. It is long overdue though. Money after retirement in this economy ain't that easy. Oh well. Maybe I'll just make the little guy a dish outside. Everything has a right to eat, right? martin

Cheap Thrills
06-21-2011, 04:56 PM
It has a temporary fix now. Cost of replacing that thing isn't in the houshold budget quite yet. From what I hear, it will cost the door frame as well. It is long overdue though. Money after retirement in this economy ain't that easy. Oh well. Maybe I'll just make the little guy a dish outside. Everything has a right to eat, right? martin

Yes , money after retirement for most of us isn't easy . Glad you were able to do a temporary fix .Nice of you to feed the little critter and allow it to co-exist . thumbsup01

tanacat
07-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Nice of you to feed the little critter and allow it to co-exist . thumbsup01

I raised a baby Opossum... &quot:daydream:phelia Opossum ... my grandma named her :)

I have much respect for possums now- they are smart and very cute (imho) as babies. She was my precious baby for 3 or 4 months then I set her free on my grandparents farm.

top pop top
07-17-2011, 08:39 PM
A few years ago I was woken in the middle of the night to momma raccoon and her five babes in my kitchen eating the cat food. She was not to happy to see me and she stood her ground until the last baby was out the cat door.