PDA

View Full Version : Whites new VX3 Detector

CyberSage
06-21-2011, 02:47 PM
The Whites VX3 has been officially released...

http://whiteselectronics.com/images/stories/products/vx3.jpg

Product Information
http://whiteselectronics.com/vx3.html

Manual
http://whiteselectronics.com/images/stories/vx3manual.jpg

Video

White's Electronics Spectra VX3 - Getting Started (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rr5yWUcC1s#ws)

Let's here your thoughts, pros, cons, and comments on this new detector!

trout-hunter
06-21-2011, 03:05 PM
New to the V3i but to me it is a V3 with a few less bells and whistles.
Would I have bought this if it was available at the same time as the V3i? Maybe, but I do love bells and whistles.

CyberSage
06-21-2011, 03:10 PM
It would appear that the VX3 is not a new detector, but a V3i with a different set of Software loaded up, and a 950 coil instead of a D2. Good news it is much more affordable. The bad news is it is very limited in it's adjustments in my opinion. I would not be surprised to see an upgrade path for the VX3 in the future to turn it into a V3i for a price.
The VX3's 3 frequency mode is the Correlate mode on the V3i. There appears to be no access for adjusting for Wrap or Span. I would be curious as to what the default settings are for the 3-Frequency mode. The 3-Frequency Best Data Mode is simply missing.

MassDirtFisher
06-21-2011, 03:55 PM
It looks like a great machine. Its made in USA!! Its like an XLT and a V3 had a baby, a good coil selection to boot. Will look forward to the feedback from people that swing them, and maybe pick one up in the spring. Thanks for the post and info :groovy:

beepn
06-21-2011, 04:57 PM
I wonder if this machine isn't going to replace the DFX in Whites line up?

midas
06-22-2011, 03:27 PM
That's what I heard, it's the DFX replacement.

CyberSage
06-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Interesting. Why would the XLT still be viable then? You would think it was the next Whites detector to go the way of the Dodo Bird.

beepn
06-26-2011, 04:15 AM
Whites website doesn't list the XLT as being available anymore.With the VX3 they can replace the the DFX. A more advanced detector that has room for upgraded features on future models.Just my thoughts.Bill

MassDirtFisher
06-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Whites website doesn't list the XLT as being available anymore.With the VX3 they can replace the the DFX. A more advanced detector that has room for upgraded features on future models.Just my thoughts.Bill

I noticed the absence of the XLT too, Kinda bummed. But I guess it was time to give it a rest. Of course i love mine.

firstring
06-26-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm just kind of putting my thoughts out. I've come up from a DFX to a V3i now for about 4 months. I read everything I can on the V3i. I've experimented with it. I've used advice from others who I thought were more experienced than me. Some of it good, some of it not for me. I've been confused, frustrated like others. I am still learning the machine and it is still learning me. The people here have taken a no nonsense approach to help underatand the V3i and I truly appreciate the input from you all. However, I think there are people out there that tend to take short cuts. The results are sometimes not very pretty. You know the ones I'm talking about - It's too hot. It's too cold. It's too hard. It's too soft. It's too.. whatever! For those who don't want to experiment, make some mistakes, and try it again, the VX3 may be exactly what they are looking for. For me, I love to experiment with the different settings for my dirt. Do I have it down pat? No. Do I have fun. You bet. For some people, maybe the VX3 is the quality machine they are looking for so they can enjoy what we enjoy.
Happy Hunting To All

BOWSER
06-26-2011, 11:57 AM
After watching the video ,i got so disoriented i started to get nausies,way too much circumstantial evidence as to what is in the ground.Unfortunately this fella does not guarantee sucsess.Before purchasing one of these units be sure to get a good eye exam.Beep and dig is the key,By the time you get through analyzing ,some guy with a beep and dig 200.00 machine will pass you and get all the goodies.this machine is designed for the truly talented and MIT graduates. jmhop 8/

CyberSage
06-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Before purchasing one of these units be sure to get a good eye exam.Beep and dig is the key,By the time you get through analyzing ,some guy with a beep and dig 200.00 machine will pass you and get all the goodies.this machine is designed for the truly talented and MIT graduates. jmhop 8/

I hunt parks that have been hammered to death with all variations of detectors. The coins that remain are shallow clad, and keepers that are either to deep for most detectors, or more commonly in to close of proximity to trash targets, that hide their location to the average detector. They are still there for a reason, and are being found now for a reason. The recent innovations in metal detecting technology have made these coins visible. Detectors like the E-trac and V3/V3i transcend the the old standards of separation, and bring it to a whole new level of multiple target prioritization based on conductivity and intensity of response. While the analyze functions of the V3/V3i are pretty useless on deep targets, and multiple close proximity targets, it does play a roll in the proper identification of shallower targets (jewelry, clad coins). Getting the right settings for your location play an especially important roll in success with higher end detectors. With the advent of the Internet, and forums like this one you can take a more complicated detector and in short order get a program that works for you in your area. I have taken individuals out in the field and set up their new V3/v3i detectors for them, and watched them find Silver the first time out in well hunted grounds. For them it was a turn on and go experience. Getting help, and educating yourself is really the first step in gaining knowledge and understanding anything in life. You don't have to be truly talented or an MIT graduate, you just have to be determined, and open to learning from all the wonderful help available on the Internet forums.
Years ago I used to follow one individual on another forum. He always made great finds. He spoke of technique, location, and mastering the nuances of variuos detectors. I watched, listened , and learned. Through his patient replies to my questions I became a better detectorist. He is still making great finds today, and still shares his knowledge. I still watch, listen, and learn. This is what it is all about. I personally do not believe in the phrase learning curve, at least not with help like this available. By the way that detectorist who not so long ago helped me out with my DFX...

...well, that would be our own angellionel ;)

Jack

BOWSER
06-26-2011, 08:56 PM
excellent post :perfect10: thanks :white:usaflag::