PDA

View Full Version : Button id, help wanted.

xzlr8n
06-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Been a while since I've posted any finds and this is isn't even one of my finds but I was with my buddy when he found this silvered Scovill Waterbury military button. Want you guys to know I'm still out detecting and still lurking around the AD website looking at all your finds but I haven't been as successful as I was in previous years. Anyway, my friend is looking for any info AD members might have on this button. I think it is a New York Civil War button but cannot find any info that matches. My find for the day was 1863 fatty IH, sorry no pic's. I'll post a review of my finds in mass later in the year. Thanks for looking and any info.

del
06-22-2011, 11:50 PM
it is a great looking button , however it can only be as old as 1947 ... its a United States Airforce button (Button AF1 in the Alberts book page 84) it should cleanup pretty well and congrats .

Dan

xzlr8n
06-23-2011, 05:53 AM
Thanks Del!! I guess I'm no button expert :embarrassed: I wasn't even close. Mystery solved, my friend will be thankful, albeit a little let down being that it is post WWII instead of Civil War.

jkress
06-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Glad to hear you are still checking in here and more importantly still out there hunting. :yes:
Your buddy found a very nice button. This is the first year I have found some of the older buttons and
just love finding the Scovill Waterbury ones.
Best of luck on your next hunt. thumbsup01