PDA

View Full Version : Firework Stands Permissions Needed, Be Bold?

MartinL
06-25-2011, 06:55 AM
OK here in Texas, intersections everywhere out where I live are covered up with 4t Of July firework stands, as predictable as death and taxes each year. My question is about getting to detect those ASAP after the fireworks stands go away. Most all of these stands are crammed in basically useless spots of land close to the roadways, so maybe this isn't even privately owned property. How would you approach these spots? Would you possibly just get there on an early morning when things died down and the stands were shut down, and go for it. The targets would likely all be gone after the first 1 or 2 metal detectorists came and went, so asking permission in a casual way as far as time, will make many of the spots useless. martin

Kimster
06-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Just detect it. The worst that can happen is you'll be asked to leave. But I doubt you'd be hunting in an area that would draw any attention. Read Cybersage's article on parkway hunting on this forum.

MartinL
06-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Ok, yet they plant those fireworks stands purposely on the most visible cross streets on purpose for visibility reasons. If I ever thought about being snagged and run off, that would likely be one of the first I'd worry about. I will accept others here with their personal experiences and answers. Tia. martin

Dimeman
06-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Ok, yet they plant those fireworks stands purposely on the most visible cross streets on purpose for visibility reasons. If I ever thought about being snagged and run off, that would likely be one of the first I'd worry about. I will accept others here with their personal experiences and answers. Tia. martin

If you go early in the morning there probably won't be anyone there to run you off................go for it. ;)

Ill Digger
06-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Why don't you stop now when there are people there and ask them how they got permission to be there :dontknow:
If it's a public parkway then go for it . If it's not they'll be able to tell you who to contact thumbsup01
Can't hurt to ask :grin: That's what I would do :yes:

SHIMMER77502
06-27-2011, 12:49 PM
The people who work the stands are not the owners. They are college students trying to earn extra money (most have to sleep in the stands at night!). I seriously doubt they will be able to provide much info. And with the drought we have been having, several counties have banned most of the fireworks. If you go, good luck and post how you did. I might have to mark my calendar for next year.....

MartinL
06-27-2011, 06:35 PM
And with the drought we have been having, several counties have banned most of the fireworks.

When you think about it...it makes some sense to ban public access to fireworks anyway. Heck, it is getting to where you can't even smoke a cigarette on a street that is riddled with exhaust belching cars, trucks and buses, yet it is wide open for buying and lighting up explosives, many of whom are children. You might say, well it says adult supervision required. here in Texas that means, Hey, hold my beer and watch this! There are way too many ironic laws these days though. The anger over public smoking gets me though. Huge clouds of diesel smoke and vehicle exhaust from piles of cars, and they pick on a few people outside on that same street having a cig.

Back to the detecting at the stands though...I think it would be probably better to do the early morning hunt without permission. First off, most anything found will be clad anyway, and shallow, so the v3i will snag it fast. There won't be THAT much of anything anyway in just that short period of business time while the stand is open, but there will be some. I'll just make up an excuse that my girlfriend lost an earring or something and I'm looking for it by chance.

Thanks for the replies. FYI, I aint even a regular smoker but it disses me that society goes overboard like it's done in these cases. Fireworks harms more people in it's short lived time being sold. I've still got scars from 50 years ago, and count myself lucky even so. martin

coinnut
06-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Fireworks harms more people in it's short lived time being sold.

lol Yeah, the M-80's and M 100's we used to play with would probably be considered terrorist's weapons these days rofl