PDA

View Full Version : Seated LOVE token!

sniffy
06-25-2011, 06:41 PM
It was a funny thing....I left the house today explaining to my wife that I had a good feeling that today was gonna be a silver day. I went back to a site that has been producing BIG time. Large Coppers, IH's, US BELT PLATE, and several other nice relics....There is a HUGE layer of junk and overload signals....I strive to get them out of the way. This little silver was near a large piece of cast iron....once I plucked the large iron out of the ground I didn't check around right away...but on my next lap back this little gal sang out beautifully. I finally lugged my camera out in the field with me....I just don't want to be caught with it...it's a purplish-pink hand me down from my wife equipped with a nice pink case...... laughing9 So there I am with a seated dime....I said out loud niiiiiiice but then flipped it over and seen the etching someone put alot of love in and started laughing...I just got off the phone with my wife...she says you find your SILVER freak? I said no not yet I always make sure I say love you before we get off the phone....anyways....it must have been 10 minutes later I had a love token in my hand....funny. I also picked up 3 more IH's, a couple buttuns and another suspender/garter buckle thingy.....nice little outing. So now the plan is to get a nice silver chain to put the love token on for my wife to wear seeing how it already has a hole... Thanks for lookin folks!

zrickkid
06-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Sweet find for a sweet girl? You have done us all proud sir. :clapping:

Epi-hunter
06-25-2011, 07:05 PM
That is a beauty!!! :smitten:

MassDirtFisher
06-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Man , thats something I look forward to finding. Congrats on a swweeeet piece of silver. Nice Indians and buttons too. Happy Hunting!!

jkress
06-26-2011, 12:50 AM
Awesome! <:
The Love tokens are such a neat find. So much effort and thought go into these early coins make it such an interesting piece.
I'd love to find one someday. :daydream:
Congrats Sniffy. :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-26-2011, 07:18 AM
nice finds pinky! sweet love token Jess

Tony Two-Cent
06-26-2011, 07:33 AM
Great story and beautiful love token! What are the initials? CEJ? Terrific finds! Congrats!

del
06-26-2011, 07:18 PM
you've been having a great year Jesse |:confused:) |:confused:) beautiful token , how about a nice closeup picture after you cleaned it.

Ill Digger
06-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Now thats a cool find!! :yes: :cool:
Way more personal than just some old coin. A old coin with a story! :yes:
Sweet!
Congrats :grin:

sniffy
06-27-2011, 04:13 AM
you've been having a great year Jesse |:confused:) |:confused:) beautiful token , how about a nice closeup picture after you cleaned it.
It has been an awesome year thus far Dan. The combination of cellar holes and old homesites have been treating me well.

sniffy
06-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Thank you all for the comments.

aloldstuff
06-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Congrats on a beautiful love token. I wonder how they did those. I sure would like to find one.

Dirt Fisher
07-03-2011, 09:17 AM
That is a beauty Sniffy. Gotta love them love tokens plus the old half of a U.S. coin to boot.

Jeff (or)
07-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Those love tokens are very cool. Excellent find, Thanks for sharing! :cool: :beerbuddy:

Civil War Nut
07-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Thats a nice find , would take thoses all day !

catskillcomics
07-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Nice love token there Sniffy... Im hoping to find one someday.. they are just so unique and hard to find... congrats