PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Great

z118
06-27-2011, 10:14 PM
I had the opportunity for a hunt this evening. They've covered over just about everything with gravel and dirt at the construction area I've been hunting, so I think I'm done there for now at least. So I'm back where I was at the beginning of the season with no new places to hunt. I headed to an old local park not expecting much. I found three silver coins here last summer as well as a Canadian large cent. It was a nice night to be out, though the E-trac was a bit cranky. In manual with the sensitivity at 24 it would false even when I set the machine down to pull a plug. I'm not really sure what to do with that... turn the sensitivity down or just go to auto?

Anyway, I dug 42 coins total worth $3.99 which included a 1920 wheat and a 1952 Canadian penny. In one of the holes a nifty piece of china popped up. Not too exciting of a hunt but it was nice to get out regardless.

happy hunting...

aloldstuff
06-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Darn those construction people. Congrats on the wheat

coinnut
06-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I guess them construction people aren't really thinking about what we want to do lol Too bad, but it was fun while it lasted. Those are the kind of situations that you have to take advantage of while they are available. Sometimes you only get one hunt in. :dontknow: But you did detect it instead of driving by and saying Maybe I should detect that place :thinkingabout: lol As for the hunt, you still got an old wheat in pretty good condition, so that was not a bust. When ET starts to false like that, I manually change the noise cancel channel and it quiets down. Angel uses 5 and 9 I believe? I also used channel 8 at a park the other day, and that worked for me near the power lines and with the grass wet. But just go in and change it one by one and listen for the least chatter .

RobW
06-28-2011, 01:49 PM
I know the feeling...having the same problem here...outta close hunting grounds....haven't found anything in a few weeks >{